what can i do to improve FPS
the processor is gonna cost $450+ and that will push you to the 3ghz and to be really honest you need around 3.2/3.3ghz+ to get really nice gameplay with alot of games but then you can't even overclock with an oem machine. Better of keeping your money and save and see if you can get a system built for you. There is alot of places that build systems for you.

But it is your choice, but if your gonna go spend I would recommend a customized system.

Sponsored links

custom built computers cost alot compaired to just buying a new cpu.
well I don know how much more intense 11 is, but I am playing ff10 on an acer5920g (laptop) with only a 1.66 ghz C2D n NO graphix card whatsoever wit no probs at all... so is FF11 is similar to X... then I don think overclocking is necessary
(04-04-2009, 11:37 AM)fischkopf Wrote: use GSdx 0.1.15 its newer (and faster)

Where can I get it
GSdx 0.1.15 is out? It's not in the download section, could you please specify if this was a typo or a link to download it considering it is really out? =D thanks!
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7
No,there is no 0.1.15. I hate when people make up new version numbers out of their heads. He means the latest SVN,which can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/checkout
You must build it yourself,or try the latest svn link gabest provides in the GSdx thread. No support for SVN builds here though,also no unofficial build links.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
God damn, I was getting all excited looking around for 0.1.15! Very misleading of you there, and disappointing...
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
(04-04-2009, 11:37 AM)fischkopf Wrote: use GSdx 0.1.15 its newer (and faster)

Hmm, and where can you find GSdx 0.1.15?
Pcsx2.net don't have it under their plugins section.

Edit:Just read Bositmans post.
Quote:custom built computers cost alot compaired to just buying a new cpu.
Actually they dont. If you were to build a PC that you buy at a retailer, you spend a couple hundred less. The only benefit of buying one in a retail store is that it might come with a warranty, and it comes with an OS. Thing is, it's full of junk that they preload it with, and you dont get an OS CD. If you know how, build your own, save yourself some money.
I priced out my OEM and I saved over $300 from building it myself, plus it makes Vista cheap, so I don't have to throw another $200 on top of the $300 in hardware, which doesn't include the monitor.

if you get a decient OEM, you'll do fine, but note mine's a desktop of course