..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: CPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
whatever you are calling mr. Rpgwizard but for my system, i choose wisely.
You mean you choose with your pockets. I used to be an AMD fanboy, back when their edge over Intel was their price/performance ratio was better than Intel's. Now with the rise of the Core i5 and the P55 chipset on the Socket 1156, AMD is losing that edge. AMD must be crapping their pants right about now. Hands down, Intel beats AMD clock for clock. Not to mention their CPU architecture and now Turbo Boost further smacks the nail into AMD's Coffin.
don't fight!

If one corporation will be destroyed, Intel will grow up prices at 150% or more!
AMD good corporation, they CPU's cool too! for example: Phenom 2 x4 and Video cards like a Ati Radeon 4870
this is powerful PC and good enough to run all games with high quality ;-)
(11-13-2009, 11:35 AM)decode1984 Wrote: [ -> ]That is awesome. One day I will OC my i5-750. I'm sure I can get similar speeds. I get full 60fps on every game I threw in PCSX2. Even with increased resolutions and AA. But to be honest, it was a MAJOR upgrade for me. I came off of an AMD Athlon x2 5000+ OC'ed. Right now my CPU is set at stock, but Turbo Boost works real well. I haven't found a need to OC at the moment as everything I'm running right now works amazingly. I am just curious how my Intel board is going to handle an OC. :/

Try to run Shadow The Hedgehog, i think no one CPU can't run this on 60FPS Blink
I think I will just wait till PCSX2 is more optimized before I take that on. I understand that my CPU can't do everything, but it can nearly do it.
Any core 2 duo could handle shadow hedge at around 4.5ghz at over 100% speed. I7's especially~
Hmm... Shadow the Hedgehog have strange problems, but not say next! ;-)
In intro movie and menu this game show 60FPS, each intro before new level show 60FPS too.
And during game play when level was loaded it fast go down to 38 FPS and when explosions happen it go 31FPS
only speedhack EE cyclerate x2 can increase speed to 49-50FPS but it slow for NTSC game! ;-)

I don't think what my CPU so weak, i read 47% of forum, and notice what some user don't have problems with speed, plus they CPU not fast as my Athlon 64 x2 6000+ 3015Mhz and i in past time do a lot competitions with Intel E2600 E3800 E6200 E6400 E6700, but not sure my CPU can't beat more powerful than E6700

I don't want overclock my CPU because it useless ;-)

We test power of CPU's in games and see FPS:
Curently my CPU show in PC game Crysis approximately 22-35 FPS but it not bad?
@Decode 1984 Turbo boost?? You say? Like automatically overclock? That thing like childish playing an overclock. About overclocking and fps in games pc that i5 and phenomII isnt huge fps, just only slightly better. About pcsx2 intel win with their features but i compromise with OC so take easy will you, dont do like blindly fanboy.
With my i5-750 it AUTO OC's to 2.8GHZ when using all 4 cores. When using only a single core, it clocks that core to 3.2GHZ. Thats with Turbo Boost. I don't even need to touch my bios for that. I am sure if I turn off Turbo Boost and OC my cpu to 4GHZ it will have a GREAT impact on PCSX2 let alone pc games. Not to mention have much better performance than any AMD Phenom CPU. The funny thing is, I don't need to add insane amounts of voltage to my cpu to get great results, unlike the AMD counterparts. I am however paying a bit more for the CPU. So I do expect premium results from my cpu.
Maybe you dont have a clue about phenomII CPU. Default cpu for 965BE is 1.375v-1.4v so to increase 3.4ghz core to 4.2ghz cpu is just only need 0.1125v-0.125v
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12