..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Texture Problem on My Gtx 580 Phantom 3GB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
negative. 3GB is the default for future 580's.
I hope you right and the driver know it. Anyway it was not a statement of truth, only a guess, a possibility.
the driver doesn't need to know anything about the vram size.
Before trying these new drivers I test the old drivers and the problem were still there.

My Card Graphic => http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=454
So it's a problem with the hardware then *that ONLY shows up in PCSX2 in DX11 mode*.
The video shows this pretty well: This is not a normal rendering bug that is common to GSdx / PCSX2.
It rather looks like a tiny bit of GPU logic circuitry is bad, and GSdx just happens to use it.
If I understand all my games work pc or emulator (dolphin and other) Gta 4 maximum, crysis 2 or less and the other games up no problem, but my graphics card to a problem and it is not pcsx2 that bug? Allow me to have doubts about your proposal.
comparing PC games to pcsx2 is just a complete nonsense.

I get your point, though. Bu t Iguess what Rama means is that gsdx sends standard instructions to your GPU. Just imagine now that pcsx2 uses a standard instruction that isn't used in Crysis nor GTA IV but is used in some games under pcsx2.

that would explain why pcsx2 encounters that "bug" meanwhile standard pc games don't
Ok i understand the good, I must wait for new drivers ^ ^ !
Once upon a time there was Win98. It was a good boy but not the smartest one, strangely it was prone to give the "Out of memory" if the system had "too much RAM", something above 256MB although it was able to recon and deal with much larger amount. And still it's own memory manager was unable to make use of more than 128MB by itself...

This kind of issue arises mainly where cache or paging is involved, the driver need to know and be able to deal correctly with the available resources, or might abuse it and actually worsen things.

I can't tell for sure the amount of memory was the cause of the issue in that specific case, but I would not grant as certainty it can't be, not for something which are still in almost experimental phase. Of course the driver can be optimized to use whatever amount of memory it can manage, but is it already?
lets all chip in to buy Rama some Fermi test hardware.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12