..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Nuvee - PS1/PS2 input plugin supporting lightguns by Shalma
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
regarding the lightgun, the best and cheap option are hack-gun for arcade monitor and tv. Working like a charm with wingun on my cab with ps2 gun.
Wingun? Is that a plugin or something?
I was finally able to get the gun to calibrate during when I load up the game. However after shooting the target, it tells me to push either a or b button which I assume are supposed to be buttons on the guncon, however when I map those buttons in the plugin configuration, I get no responses and am stuck that calibration screen. I find this to be a step in the right direction, but I just need this one issue fixed. Any advice?
Does anybody make this work with Wiimotes and Dolphinbar, at least single gun?

I managed to get this work somehow with Dolphinbar mode1 and rawinput, but:

- There is no Nuvee cursor, regardless of settings, gfx plugins, emu versions, even with a regular mouse
- If I leave the system cursor visible, it's very choppy - that's Dolphinbar's mode1 problem

So the possibility to move system cursor does not mean that games are comfortably playable with Wiimotes in PCSX2\PcsxR

I can see in Nuvee's help that there can be used DirectInput for wiimouse, but dunno how to do this with Dolphinbar.
But i also had no success with a direct Bluetooth and Toid's WiiMouse in ppjoy mode - there was some progress,
but I can't rid of the duplicate mouses - regardless which guncon slot I use

I feel frustrated that such monster as MAME can easily handle 3-player Wiimote Dolphinbar setup almost out-from-the-box,
even with line-of-sight accuracy, and PS2\PSX emulators still not able to capture a cursor with absolute coords.

Yes, that's possible despite the fact that it's written everywhere that it's not with a single bar.
And we have this with no mouse emulation at all - Wii pointer is used as XInput RStick in Dolphinbar mode4,
and tsoukkis' custom Touchmote build for calibration. PM me if anyone needs a detailed setup.

And that's the reason I believe that there can be an acceptable config with Nuvee, with dolphinbar or regular BT connection
The problem is that plugin is abandoned, and, to be honest, greatly outdated - now we have Dolphinbars, Touchmote software and other tools.
But there's still nothing to do with relative coordinates of the system mouse, and absolute of the pointers like Wiimote.
It is a pity that there is no hope for anything new and modern...
Upd

Just did it. Here's my copypaste from Arcadecontrols
Quote:I found no way to use Touchmote with pcsx2  for comfortable play.

You need a bunch of tools to make it work at least with single wiimote:

- Regular Bluetooth dongle connection - Dolphinbar won't help there. So we need some old school things  
- Nuvee USB plugin for pcsx2 in DirectInput mode, gun set in Plugin's slot2.
- Mouse should be disabled in Lilypad.
- Toid's WiiMouse software in PPJoy mode
- PPJoy software with at least 1 virtual gamepad activated

And then you'll have a great struggle with all of them, including custom c# script in PPJoy for translating mouse coordinates,
because regular PPJoy's translations in Mappings don't work

Quote:using ScriptDebug;
using System;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using WiiMouseUtils.WiiMousePPJoy;

public class Script
{         
    public static void ExecuteAfterMappings(WiimoteScriptPPJoyMapper m)
      {
         m.SetDirectInputMouseX(0, m["Pointer X Coordinate"].AV);
         m.SetDirectInputMouseY(0, m["Pointer Y Coordinate"].AV);
      }
}

Next, you will find that mouse buttons don't work - you need to set them as mappings in WiiMouse's mappings
And if you can handle this...

There's no crosshairs in Nuvee . You will see just windows native cursor.
So be ready to find and set a pretty big crosshair as a default cursor, or go hardcore and add this to c# ppjoy script 

Next - you need to find a suitable calibration preset in Nuvee. There's a bunch of them for main lightgun games, but they also need customizing.
And even after all of this, your crosshair will never 100% fit a real target even if the game allows its own calibration. 

The best result I have - almost line-of-sight aiming with a static ~10 cm error offset - that's not much comparing to my 42inch tv screen
And this config does not allow more than 1 wiimote because we are using DirectInput.

Same plugin exists also for PSX emus, but it's working with PCSX-r custom lightgun build only.
For now, I don't have enough stamina to check this... Nuvee devoured my brains completely for the last 3 days .

And... Yes, I was a good boy that year, so I will present myself at least one Aimtrack gun with a Bluetooth module for Christmas
and forget all this ***** like a bad dream... No way I'll do something similar again...

------------------------

UPD

I've found a more simple way

Works with both Dolphinbar mode 4 and BT connection for 1 Wiimote, with precious smoothing

Just simple GlovePie script

Quote:if Wiimote.PointerVisible == true

var.ScreenWidth = 1920
var.ScreenHeight = 1080

mouse.CursorPosX = smooth(var.ScreenWidth-round((((wiimote1.dot1x+wiimote1.dot2x)/2)/784)*var.ScreenWidth),3)
mouse.CursorPosY = smooth(round((wiimote.dot1y/784)*var.ScreenHeight),3)

endif

mouse.LeftButton = Wiimote.B and KeepDown(Wiimote.PointerVisible,0.5s)
mouse.RightButton = Wiimote.A and KeepDown(Wiimote.PointerVisible,0.5s)
mouse.MiddleButton = Wiimote.Home and KeepDown(Wiimote.PointerVisible,0.5s)
mouse.WheelUp = Wiimote.Minus
mouse.WheelDown = Wiimote.Plus
Glad you were able to get it working. Do you know how to input the a or b lightgun buttons on the emulator? I've been fumbling around and can't get it working.
undeadmerc3б,
that is handled by Nuvee itself - it reads mouse inputs by default, and turns them into selected emulated buttons in the Guncon settings.
do not forget to completely disable mouse in Lilypad, otherwise, they may conflict.

If you are using Wiimote either with Dolphinbar mode4 or BT connection, you' ll need to choose DirectInput in Nuvee.
Then you press Acquire in the Guncon settings, and just press any mouse button when prompted to capture the device -
DirectInput makes system threat mouse and Glovepie controlled Wiimote as the same one.
Then just run Glovepie with my script.

RawInput goes better for a regular mouse, Aimtraks or other real PC lightguns,
and you don't need any Glovepie or any other control scripting tool.

If you'll have no success, I can make a complete tutorial on how to make Wiimote\mouse gun work here or even a video -
I think I'll have enough free time next weekend to do this. But I can't help with Aimtraks, I don't own them yet.
Finally make PCSX2 + Nuvee work with Dolphinbar mode 4 and Touchmote, with a precious Touchmote's native Touch cursor.
Dunno why it didn't work before - the settings were the same at first look.
Maybe some unnoticeable nuance...

And we can even have line-of-sight calibration if using Touchmote-tsuokkis-bin-v2 custom build.
It can really boil you brain in the process, but at the end does some magic

The only thing, we still need GlovePie to map mouse scrolls if needed - it's dumb, but Touchmote has everything except mappings for scroll up\down\press
And as we are still tied to it - we can add some nice custom features like force feedback at Trigger press etc

Tested:
Vampire Night - perfect!
Virtua Cop Elite - have issues with offscreen reloading, maybe need to play with Nuvee's edge numbers.

PS.

And let me give you all a little advice.
There is such a great thing as Ultra Sensor Bar/Sensor Eyes Wii
It's a wireless IR bar with adjustable hardware calibration, people say it works good even with 70inches TVs
It's a rare one, but you can find a used bar on Ebay for 8-15$. New costs about 50$ at Amazon...

For example, you can hide your Dolphinbar under the table for using it only for connection,
and attach Ultra one to your TV\display.
So here's the video tutorial for PCSX2 Wiimote setup I promised

https://youtu.be/J50eEpegLYs
(10-20-2018, 01:29 PM)khronos Wrote: [ -> ]Upd

Just did it. Here's my copypaste from Arcadecontrols

(10-29-2018, 10:52 PM)khronos Wrote: [ -> ]So here's the video tutorial for PCSX2 Wiimote setup I promised

https://youtu.be/J50eEpegLYs

Thanks, but I seem to be using an aimtrak.  I tried programing the a or b buttons to my middle mouse button, but it still won't end the calibration.  I guess aimtraks work differently.  Still thankful for your help.

Update. Never mind. I managed to realize that I was implanting the controls to my mouse when they were implanted to my light gun. Thanks. All that's left is to input the A or b controls without replacing the reload function. Once that's settled, I should be good to go.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10