..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am going to be uploading a video to youtube on the exact settings, downloads, and configurations I use for this emulator.

dooderfood
Here is the video for all the info on the PCSX2 emulator settings and downloads! *snip*

dooderfood
(02-26-2014, 10:43 PM)dooderfood Wrote: [ -> ]i am going to be uploading a video to youtube on the exact settings, downloads, and configurations I use for this emulator.
dooderfood

Sure.
But we dont encourage piracy just as you did with this video.
Have a warning for this.
(02-26-2014, 11:03 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Sure.
But we dont encourage piracy just as you did with this video.

I own the game
(02-26-2014, 11:06 PM)dooderfood Wrote: [ -> ]I own the game
Yeah. Wonderful.
(02-26-2014, 11:08 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah. Wonderful.

First of all, I am mostly following the directions of the original poster. Second, how are you supposed to test the emulator without the proper components? And finally, there didn´t seem to be a price tag on any of the items in the video. If I am doing something wrong, I am sorry, but all of it is only for entertainment purposes. Girls just wanna have fun.
(02-26-2014, 11:10 PM)dooderfood Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, I am mostly following the directions of the original poster. Second, how are you supposed to test the emulator without the proper components? And finally, there didn´t seem to be a price tag on any of the items in the video. If I am doing something wrong, I am sorry, but all of it is only for entertainment purposes. Girls just wanna have fun.

As long as you do it legally, no problem.
But in your case, you didn't. Read the forum rules again
(02-26-2014, 11:18 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]As long as you do it legally, no problem.
But in your case, you didn't. Read the forum rules again

I didn´t realize... sorry, ill delete my posts if needed.
(02-26-2014, 11:21 PM)dooderfood Wrote: [ -> ]I didn´t realize... sorry, ill delete my posts if needed.

you do what you want as long as you don't do it here.
Your posts aren't the problem. your video is.
Firstly, kudos to ConsoleEmu and Avih for starting this. It has been fun following your steps and getting PCXS2 up and running on the Mac. Using WINE is not ideal, but a lot of games are fully playable. (Now that the PCSX2 team are using WxWidgets and developing an OpenGL driver, there may be some hope that the OpenEmu team will make a full OS X port in the future...)

Anyway, I have made several mistakes along the way and I see that there are a lot of other posters that have the same problems. I'd just like to post my experiences in the hope that they help.

Setting up a new Wineskin or downloading ConsoleEmu's is fairly straightforward. A few things to note:
- You do not need to download XQuartz or the Nvidia Cg Toolkit.
- When you run Winetricks, the installations may fail if you have already turned on the Mac Driver (in the screen options). You should only turn on the Mac driver when the install is complete.
- Keep Wineskin updated: Check for and download engine updates in the Wineskin Winery app (a separate app from PCSX2-CE). After downloading you can change the engine in PCSX2-CE (show package contents, run wineskin=>advanced=>Tools tab). I have been running WS9Wine 1.7.13

PCSX2 version:
- I always like to go for the cutting edge, so I decided to use the latest SVN builds of PCSX2. I downloaded r5914 from the SVN page and copied it over to the Programs Files folder, along with my bios. *Note that r5915 was broken

Plugins:
- When it comes to the plugins, don't even bother with ZeroSPU or ZZogl. Delete them. They are crap. We just need 3 plugins: GSdx, SPU2-X and Lilypad. For CDVD, FW, USB and DEV just keep one of the NULL plugins. Any one will do.

For GSdx:
- Which Version of GSdx should you use? There are 3 choices depending on your Mac. Select the latest one that your Mac can support (AVX is best).
SSE2 is the minimum, and is supported in every Intel Mac.
SSE4.1 is supported in every Mac since Penryn (Core 2 Duos from maybe late 2007/early 2008).
AVX is supported by every Mac since Sandy Bridge (2011)
Check your own hardware and select the appropriate one.
- When you start PCSX for the first time it should give you the GSdx configuration options. It automatically selects DirectX3D (Hardware). Change this to DirectX3D9 (Software). If you miss this step you can change it any time in the configuration options.

For Lilypad
- I use a PS3 Dualshock via Bluetooth. Make sure the pad is connected before opening PCSX2. To configure, go to the "Pad 1" tab, click a button and then press the appropriate button on the pad. If it is working it will show on the left.

For SPUX-2
- Under the outputs section change the module from XAudio2 (doesn't work) to PortAudio.

OK, that's it. You should be able to play with very good frame rates and excellent sound for a lot of games. (oh, and you can turn off the annoying console logs if you want, but they helped me to see what went wrong when I was playing around).

Avih and ConsoleEmu, this is for software emulation, Avih mentioned we should be aiming for software. But is there any reason why we shouldn't be trying hardware? For hardware AVX doesn't work apparently, so we should use SSE 4.1. I've tried it with Shadow of the Colossus, but the intro runs the same low fps for hardware or software emu.

Any suggestions?

4GB RAM