..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GOW 2 slow as hell in GSdx SOFTWARE mode.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hi guys. So.. I heard some guy talking he was able to get 49 FPS in GOW2 with GSDX10 in software mode.. So I decided to test it. But That's all the speed I could get (8FPS):

[attachment=13216]

Is there any special configuration to get all those 49 FPS in GSdx SOFTWARE mode ?! Or is it ***** ?

EDIT: Just to make things clear... In HARDWARE mode on GSdx it is possible to achieve 50FPS, but then there is the bloody green screen bug:

[attachment=13222]

I really have my doubts about getting 50 FPS is SOFTWARE mode.. This sounds like ***** to me. So feel free to prove it otherwise.
Use a newer version of GSDX. the current SVN version (not 0.1.14) would be fastest.
Anyway even the newest version slow like hell, and we are not Core i7 owners here
(02-24-2009, 03:04 PM)Nneeve Wrote: [ -> ]Use a newer version of GSDX. the current SVN version (not 0.1.14) would be fastest.

Sorry but... I'm using all the latest plugins svns that I compiled myself. That just won't cut it.
Its software mode ... what do you expect.
Are you sure that you did not build the debug version by accident?

What is your final filesize?
I know but look at this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3899.html This guy claims he gets 50fps average in software mode.......... Is that a joke ??
(02-24-2009, 07:50 PM)VeaaC Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure that you did not build the debug version by accident?

What is your final filesize?
GSdx SVN 570: 953kb. It is not a debug version.
OK. I turned all speedhacks on and now I get between 14-20FPS in SOFTWARE mode... lol... Still pretty far from 50fps...

[attachment=13247]
I am even trying the latest gsdx the one that was supposed to give us more fps in software mode, I still get 8-15 FPS in software mode for God of war, but I think thats cause god of war is a very graphical game.
Yeah.. Sorry but, I think that guy(kainbr3) is lying about getting 50FPS in software mode.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7