..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 4 NTSC SLUS 21782
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
On my PC I use AVX.

Some of the keys on her laptop work. Most of them work. None of the F keys, or escape work. the 8 and H key don't work, but I remapped them to [ and ] so she could still type.

What's stupid is we bought this new and this happened well within the return period, but she didn't wanna be without her laptop for a few days, so she kept a broken POS.
Ok I had a crash but I'm not sure if it's the exact same issue as you. It always happens at the title screen when I press F9 a multiple times. It didn't happen with PCSX2 r5932. Patched GSdx doesn't help.
It sounds the same. As I said, pressing F9 can crash it anywhere. Title screen, in game, FMV, whatever.

Glad to have confirmation that it's not just me!
But on my side it's not random. It happens only at the title screen so far and enabling "Use Synchronized MTGS" doesn't change anything. (BTW I still don't have any issues with Amplitude)

But yes there is definitely something broken here.
Hmmm. What are your system specs?
Very different from yours :
Core i5 4670k @ 3.40GHz
Geforce GTX660 2048MB
8GB RAM DDR3
Windows 8 64 bits
Let's me improve a bit my initial patch. I will also add various print.

History: first commit that update the fifo stuff. It broke some games because the way PCSX2 handle the memory (virtual with protection).
Quote:commit f78c39cc98e0a4b2ce81e488c3375ef536678ee1
Author: Gregory Hainaut
Date: Sun Mar 23 15:29:41 2014 +0100

pcsx2: call GSReadFIFO from GS thread (was EE)

The 2nd commit that fix previous issues (avoid virtual memory access from the GS thread)
Quote:commit 0bf7a35a538fd89cca34b721156222e6f24dc93f
Author: Gregory Hainaut
Date: Fri May 2 23:03:02 2014 +0200

pcsx2: improve the GS read fifo API

1/ initReadFifo will be first called on the GS thread
(openGL can only be done on the GS thread)

2/ readFifo will be called on the EE thread. It is not safe too access eeMem from GS
because of memory is virtual

Fix "recent" regression (crash) on Kingdom heart and others game too.

v2: add a len check on GSState::InitReadFIFO

Edit: please find attached a new patch. Use "git checkout ." to remove previous one.
It didn't help my issue, and there is nothing new in the log either.

I post it here for werewolfy to try with PZ2. Put the PCSX2fifo.exe in main PCSX2 directory. Put the GSdxFIFO.dll in plugins directory. Run the PCSX2fifo.exe and change the GSdx plugin to the one that has [GSdxFIFO] in the name.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/56iwxpmi95iwqg...fifo_v2.7z
Thanks mate! I'm gonna try it on Persona 4 and Project Zero 2.
Thanks Blyss. Honestly I think the issue isn't related to the gs fifo at least for you. It might be another story for werewolfy.

If you have time, maybe you can use this git feature to found the first bad commit:
https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/...isect.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8