..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 4 NTSC SLUS 21782
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(06-15-2014, 09:41 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Blyss. Honestly I think the issue isn't related to the gs fifo at least for you. It might be another story for werewolfy.

If you have time, maybe you can use this git feature to found the first bad commit:
https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/...isect.html

Yeah, I don't think the FIFO is the issue on this one. I will look into finding out where it broke.

Thanks for working so hard to try to fix this!
Ok in Persona 4 it seems that it fixed my issue. I can't crash the game with F9 BUT switching is much much slower so I think it's because switching is too slow that I can't crash the game anymore. In Project Zero 2 it didn't help but the log suggests that is related to FIFO. I attached it on the Project Zero 2 thread.
Here a v3!

1/ I correct a printf which was done after a return (might explain missing message)
2/ I improve my hack to avoid to execute twice a block of code (tr.update). It was only done once with older version.
I'll test this out tomorrow!
Ok. Could you build a dev build rather than a release build. I put additional message on PCSX2 side and I want to see them. Thanks.
Dev or debug?

I ended up staying up all night til 1300 today and I just woke up for about 5 minutes before I go back to sleep. So I will do tomorrow!
At least dev, debug might be better but much slower. I want to see those message:
Recovering single plugin: GS
Opening GS
Forced software switch enabled.
Loading GS
Suspending single plugin: GS
Saving GS
Closing GS

There will also the fifo message, so we will be sure if fifo read is the real source of the crash or not!
Okay so, with the new patch and the debug build, as soon as I load ANY save file in Persona 4, I get this assertion failure:

[Image: assertion.png]

For those that can't see the image, it says:

Code:
Assertion failed!

Program: [path]/GSdx32-SSE2-dbg-FIFO.dll
File: GSRendererDX.cpp
Line 176
Expression: m_vt.m_min.p.z > 0xffff

If I ignore it three times, the game will load. Then I crashed it with F9 per usual. No new messages that weren't there before. No GS FIFO messages at all.

Anyway, I tested a couple other games and I don't get an assertion failure with them, so maybe it points to what is going on?

Here is debug build and GSdx with v3 patch:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9a4cx9qjeesvo5v/FIFO.7z
Ok. I need to double check my patch Tongue2
Thanks Blyss Wink I will test that tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8