..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: About the backwards characters in FFX(gameindex.dbf)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yeah attaching a card save would be good.
Okie doke, here it is! Again, this memory card save is for the NTSC-U version. It's another Dropbox link because the forum doesn't allow .ps2 files XD
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6425650/Mcd001.ps2
Yeah usually to attach memory cards we put them in a zip file since that is allowed. Dropbox is fine, though.
Oh I didn't think of that just then. Although I did think of it when I tried posting the save file earlier today, but even then it was still over the 5MB file size limit. So I guess my subconscious was just trying to save me some time lol
For me, what fixed it was setting EE Clamp to Full. I don't remember much of it, but it does seem it was the only setting that worked for me: Old thread ... Another old thread

Damn, that makes me feel old.
Yeah the two methods I confirmed as working (and thus the two I put in the wiki) are EE Clamping Mode to 'Full' and EE Round Mode to 'Negative'. Cheers!
For me, only round mode to negative worked. The others did not. But different people have different results. We talked about this in IRC.
Using the international version (NTSC-J) i have to set mine to extra + Preserve sign, did that in the beginning and have not had a single backwards fight, I also played through the game on 1.2.1 than starting this year switched to the GIT's of 1.3
I found another fight where the problem occurs. It's the battle right after the first phase of 'Operation Mi'ihen' takes place. In the NTSC-U version, when you're controlling Seymour, Yuna & Auron and you're fighting the sinspawn, Seymour is facing the wrong direction if you're playing on default settings. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

I took the liberty to include a memory card save, but you have to go through a small boss battle and some FMVs before getting to the battle I'm talking about.
Yeah it did it there for me too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5