..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Snowblind Progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Using the same speedhacks and 8-bit textures on OpenGL hardware, along with accurate blend checked (by default, i left it checked) I get slightly BETTER performance WITHOUT OCing then I did using DX11 WITH OCing Laugh Also, can anybody tell me exactly what accurate blend, accurate date, and accurate color dipping are supposed to do and if checking the other 2 options would improve performance more? (or point me to where I could read such information myself Tongue )
(06-26-2015, 09:20 PM)Carsomyr Wrote: [ -> ]Using the same speedhacks and 8-bit textures on OpenGL hardware, along with accurate blend checked (by default, i left it checked) I get slightly BETTER performance WITHOUT OCing then I did using DX11 WITH OCing Laugh Also, can anybody tell me exactly what accurate blend, accurate date, and accurate color dipping are supposed to do and if checking the other 2 options would improve performance more? (or point me to where I could read such information myself Tongue )

I think the GSDX 2.0 beta post talks about those. Here!
accurate is about accuracy not speed.
(06-26-2015, 09:51 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]accurate is about accuracy not speed.

Surprising!

Tongue2
(06-26-2015, 09:51 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]accurate is about accuracy not speed.

Well at least in this case having the accurate blend option checked brings a speed improvement. Rather noticeable one at that Tongue Unlike with DX11 speedhacks make essentially no difference whatsoever. SO for the moment OpenGL with default settings is the best (using GIT build 1.3.1-561). I got down to 40 FPS ONCE. And I noticed it is when there are an excessive amount of lighting effects on the screen. All other slowdowns bring me to ~50 FPS. Last test will be OCing again, which hopefully will bring me to near perfect emulation of Return to Arms Laugh Then I will finish playing through all the planes, and make a post on the compatibility page for the game Laugh
Ok, different system here to test the new OpenGL changes. Game is Champions of Norrath.

Currently playing with Open GL (Hardware) with GIT 1.3.1-20150622172347 with 4gb patch applied. Emulation settings are set to "1 - Safest" with mtVU on (haven't tested with it off yet). Plugin settings of 2x Native, FXAA, Texture Filtering (check, not box), 8-bit Textures, Accurate Blend, Date, & Color Clipping, and AF 2x. No HW hacks.

Currently, in Blackdelve Reach - got better performance all around (5-10 FPS) in the Ant Caves, and fairly smooth gameplay while in the lava fields with one major exception: Lava Golems. Any time they spawned on the screen, i got MAJOR slowdowns. FPS probably around 30, maybe 20 if 2-3 spawned at once.

Moving onto Caverns of the Dead - when not near a lot of fire effects, nearly butter smooth. Fire effects slowed the game down a LOT, with spikes in the low 20s.

Vanarhost Castle was the worst of the lot. Major slowdowns in any area with multiple height levels for some reason. Also major slowdowns in the larger, well-lit rooms (aka, Prison room, Vanarhost boss battle room).

Verdict - definitely playable, but the slowdowns are a bit annoying, especially when they occur during cutscenes that are rendered in-engine with cinematic cameras that render many of the fire effects. Is there any setting in the plugin to not render the heat distortion and/or fire smoke effects as painfully as it does? They seem to be the main culprit of my slowdowns, though this is not new news to anyone, as the game is well-known for poor performance problems around the light sources.
Accurate color clipping is slow. It is a bad idea to enable it if the game doesn't require it
I didn't use accurate date or color clipping on Return to Arms, like gregory said it is a slowdown Tongue (and since RTA is the sequel I would assume both games should use the same settings Wink )
Personally I am using GSDX 2 from the other thread. need to double check my settings but yeah agreed on fire effects slowing these games down.

Nice work on getting the games this far Gregory.
Wow all these accuracy options slow it down to almost software level and it's still not as accurate as the software renderer. Still no character shadows in dragon quest viii and valkyrie profile 2.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8