..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final results?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(04-04-2009, 09:01 PM)mystic86 Wrote: [ -> ]Is that true that 6400 without oc is extremally heating at standard cooler?

Sad, but true.With stocking fan, the CPU is veeeeeery hot.This is the result of the 95mn technology.AMD have this CPU have too high clock.
Well, here is my rig.
AMD 5000+ BE (65nm 2,6Ghz), it is very cool with stocking fan
8600gt
2Gb ram (800Mhz)
Vista x64 ultimate sp1

In Ace Combat 4 (Gsdx10, ZeroGS can't handle the intro) I have mostly about 40fps (it can drop to 25fps). But when I oc mu CPU to 3Ghz (i like round nombers so i set multiplier to 15x - 3Ghz, even if i could easily set it at 15.5x - 3.1Ghz with no changing voltage), average fps is little above 50 (min 28). Ace Combat is the only game that i have for now (i am flight sim fan, and Sukhoi is my life) so you might guess how mad i was to know that changing internal resolution would couse the vertical bars (plus, textures of the aircraft are either black, or orange with black squares). This prevented me for geting more games, but on the forum i see that this is not the case with all games. If someone know a solution, please let me know. Oh, yes, changing internal resolution to 1280x1024 lower fps to 35 average and 18 min).
In 2 days, i'll get the God of war, and FFX and i'll post you my results.

Now, you said that you don't want to overclock your CPU. I understand, especially with these HT it is very confusing (the damn memory works on 743 when it should be on 800Mhz), and raising the FBS makes not only the CPU very hot, but the motherboard as well.
But, hey, here is the great news. CPU with unlocked multiplier, like mine, is very easy and safe to oc. Setting it from 2,6Ghz to 3 or 3,1Ghz will result in only of 5W more power consumption (and most important, no significant change in temperature). So you should realy think about oc. It is free performance, no heat, AMD x2 5000+ is very cheap, and you can easily make it similar to the one you want to buy.
And like I said, Vista and DX10 makes a differance on my comp.
Or you can wait until june 2009, AMD will release AthlonII Series 45nm for X2, X3, X4 cores. But those cpu only compatible with socket AM2+ AND AM3, so old socket AM2 didnt use for those cpu.
And what about 6000+? I heard that it was done at 65nm and has 3.1GHZ frequency with no high temperature and power absorption.
Yes you can choose that 65nm 6000+ 3.1ghz TDP 89W and you dont need change your old mobo but i still suggest you to upgrade your mobo first to socket AM2+ with chipset 780G or better to 790GX, you can still use your cpu until you can buy for AthlonII 45nm cpu or PhenomII 45nm cpu at X2, x3, X4 core due better overclock, performance and Watts .
And is 6000 a lot worse than 6400? I mean it has 2mb cache. And what about the temperature at 6000? Oh and the last question here - will that be enough good for pcsx2?
2mb cache and 1mb cache are very small difference. For temp. Cpu 65nm will be low temp than 90nm due low watt than 90nm but 3.1ghz for Athlon isnt enough to play with pcsx2 emulation in full speed in all of games unless you OC. it. Then next question is how high possible can OC that cpu? I dont see that cpu can oc beyond 3.6ghz in the web. Once again 3.1ghz or 3.2ghz for Athlon CPU isnt enough As i already said in my pervious post. Much cases in 3d games you will need vu skip option and speed hacks x2 or worst to x3 cycle rates to play those game in good speed (beyond 50fps).
I know that with full speed I won't be able to play with every games. I'm using speed hacks x2 and x3 and special fixes as well as vu skip option all the time so for example actually I'm playing Persona 4 and in battle with many enemies I have 35fps and I want to have at least 50 fps with speedhacks on. Is that possible at 6000+ without oc? And is standard cooler added to cpu enough for non oc work?
Only grandia extreme from 3d game already i tried run at.60-56fps in battle and at.60fps in moving in town/dungeon with speed hacks x2 cycle rates and without vu skip in option. I try that game in OS Vista sp.1.
I guess that 700Mhz of difference with speedhack and vu skip turned on shoul provide at least +15 fps boost
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8