Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
A phenom 2 at 3ghz+ should be fine for the majority of games. Too lazy to underclock my CPU right this second to tell you if FFXII would play fine.

ps2fm: As long as you follow the guides on how to overclock the odds of you breaking your computer are almost nil. More likely, you'll get random lockups/reboots until you have the right combination of speed, voltage, and cooling.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

Yeah overclocking can be dangerous, but if youre doin it right, there should be no problems.
Already had my CPU overclocked @ 3.4 Ghz and never had any problems. Just clocked it down, because its living longer then^^
Many games running full speed. o.O
Win XP SP3
Intel C2D E5200 @ 3,125 Ghz
2 GB RAM @ 800 Mhz
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4670

Weeeiiiird Laugh

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.30 GHz
2GB of RAM
GeForece 6150SE nForce 430

I've tried running Kingdom Hearts, but it runs horribly slow just at the title screen. The song sounds like crap because it's just so slow.
Your PC in general is a little slow, but in kingdom hearts at least the main problem is your onboard video. Try enabling native resolution in video settings and making sure 8-bit textures are disabled if you're using the latest beta.
I got a
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.20GHZ
3GB RAM
Geforce 8500 GT
250GB HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate

i also tried playing KH2 but only got like 40fps .. games like Sonic unleashed run very well .. (50 - 60 fps)
The first kingdom hearts game you should be able to pull off closer to 60 with some proper speed hacks.

General tips:
Upgrade to beta 1888 (check the download section of the website or forum)
Disable microVU0 and 1 under CPU options (only an option in the latest beta)
Try playing around with VUCycle Steal speed hack (again, only available in latest beta, but be warned set too high it can cause more slowdowns than fix)
In advanced options, set clamping to none

Besides those things, just play around with various speed hacks till you find a set that works good for you but doesn't add any additional emulation issues.
Hey there!

My (future) PC spec is as follows:

Intel Core i5-750 2.66 Ghz
4 GB DDR3 RAM 1333Mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Samsung 1TB, 32MB cache hard drive
Windows 7 home premium 64-bit

Does pcsx2 benefit from 64-bit? Will it benefit from core i5's Turbo-Boost capabilities?

Also, if you could be a bit more general, how well will this rig handle the latest PC games at medium resolutions?

I appreciate the help very much! Thanks in advance! Smile
In general, that PC will be awesome. You should get any modern PC game running at 60fps at least up to 1080p (1920x1080). And probably continue to do so for another year or more.

All software should automatically take advantage of turboboost. As long as the motherboard supports it (which it will) then it should... Though there have been a few situations where it hasn't activated correctly... but that's mainly been on mobile counterparts.

That said, you'll probably be better off with that processor just turning off turbo boost and "overclocking" it to turbo boost speeds if you have any problems with it (since those levels are pretty much guaranteed to be safe). Either way, it should make a great system all around.
Hi

I will have a new system in january with these specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz
evga nVidia GeForce 9800GT 512MB
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Windows 7 Professional x64

Will Castlevania Lament of Innocence (USA) and Curse of Darkness (PAL) do good on this rig with latest PCSX2 and plugins?
Thanks in advance!
I don't have either of these games to test for 100% certain... Both games are marked as playable in the compatibility list so they should be mostly playable with that rig. You may need to mess around with speed hacks but I don't think it should be out of the realm of possibility for that machine.