GSdx
Hi gabest, i can't seam to get the gsdx directx 10 version to work, I have the latest versionsof the plugin and directx, and followed the directions at the begining of this thread and still nadda. i have a dual core amd turion and vista and a ati radeon x1250, i've attached a picture of what it tells me

Sponsored links

That card does not support DirectX10, you'll have to use the D3D9 renderer.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Komorebi no Namikimichi - Utsurikawaru Kisetsu no Chuu de [J]

Another game with the PoinListPallete issue.

D3D9 (HW <-> SW):

It's by FC01 and seems to share other issues like Aikagi having entire layers missing.

Attached Files
.7z   Komorebi no Namikimichi - Utsurikawaru Kisetsu no Chuu de [J] - GS dump.7z (Size: 665,81 KB / Downloads: 203)
where can i download the latest GSDX and other beta svn builds? The forum only have the official beta from september for download.[/code]
you must compile them yourself as they are unsupported here
(10-30-2009, 03:35 PM)andutrache Wrote: you must compile them yourself as they are unsupported here

uh i dont know how to do that and i swear someone else is doing that for you on the internet
It's not hard to compile the emulator and plugins. Go to the dev section of the forum, there is a thread at the top with a windows compile guide (also a linux one, but you want the windows one I'm sure).
[Image: 2748844.png]
I was messing around with the pixoff_x setting, and I came across something interesting. In some games, it actually forces them to render offscreen areas within the viewport.

I shifted the offset left, took a screenshot, then shifted the offset right, took another screenshot. I then stuck the two screenshots together in photoshop and...

[Image: 80044323.png]
Forced widescreen! Ohmy

Might it be possible to patch in the ability to force a double offset so we can attempt to force extra aspect ratios in games? I've noticed tweaking pixoff_y could work especially well for expanding games that support 16:9 mode to fill a 16:10 screen (without stretching).

If it's possible to turn off screen edge culling, it would also fix the removed polygones on the sides, allowing nearly perfect widescreen support in a wide number of titles.
Theoretically that could work, and is probably somewhat similar to Dolphin's widescreen hack, but it also seems to have the same kind of issues, that is glitches to either side as there are unrendered portions of the image.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(10-31-2009, 12:42 PM)Koji Wrote: Theoretically that could work, and is probably somewhat similar to Dolphin's widescreen hack, but it also seems to have the same kind of issues, that is glitches to either side as there are unrendered portions of the image.

This kind of widescreen hack appears to be becoming quite common among emulators, it seems. First Project64 with a special graphics plugin, now Dolphin.

As a matter of fact, it looks like Project64 has managed to sort out the culling problem. I have a triple 22" widescreen monitor setup, so I decided to take Super Mario 64 to the extreme resolution of 5040x1050 to see what would happen. The results were better than I expected:

[Image: 75208148.jpg]
Super Mario 64 in CinemaScope!

This type of hack is generally described as a "use at your own risk" feature, but it's nice to have nonetheless, especially given the absence of widescreen support in most PS2 titles.