Gran Turismo 4 configuration guide+shader!!! Best looking Gran Turismo 4 ever! 2013
Hey man this is the best guide by far. No other has let me play the game this well. Only problem is when i go to do the 3rd B license test it freezes, but says im getting 60fps. This error comes up in pcsx2. Its not the ISO because it works fine on my ps2 and ive remade it, still same problem.
[Image: QoBjOvo.jpg]
[Image: nCTuv2J.jpg]

Sponsored links

In order to play the licenses successfully, you need to untick the enable speedhacks option and set EE and VU´s clamping mode to normal for those tests that crash the emulator. Don´t forget to revert back to my recommended settings after you successfully complete problematic test to gain the peak performance back for all the other races.
New Gran Turismo 4 Config+Shader 2017

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Ok mate so i did everything, i get better fps thanks to you, but the shader doesn't work, i did everything.. got new plugins and things, ipress Pgup and still same thing Sad

EDIT: Fixed it, looks well nice.
(07-28-2013, 03:12 AM)deadlyjoaquin Wrote: In order to play the licenses successfully, you need to untick the enable speedhacks option and set EE and VU´s clamping mode to normal for those tests that crash the emulator. Don´t forget to revert back to my recommended settings after you successfully complete problematic test to gain the peak performance back for all the other races.

thanks man, worked. Just got my B License.

*edit*
quick question how come everytime i set it to progressive 480p every time i go into a race the whole screen is colorful rectangles, but the game doesnt freeze. I just wanna play while it looks nice!
(07-29-2013, 01:15 AM)Dondonian Wrote: thanks man, worked. Just got my B License.

*edit*
quick question how come everytime i set it to progressive 480p every time i go into a race the whole screen is colorful rectangles, but the game doesnt freeze. I just wanna play while it looks nice!

Did you set the brightness in game to "0"? It should be on "0" to be able to play with 480p.

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
(07-31-2013, 08:37 PM)deadlyjoaquin Wrote: Did you set the brightness in game to "0"? It should be on "0" to be able to play with 480p.

You are the best man. I did this originally when following your guide but i must of been messing around with it, and turned it up. Also i put both brightnesses to 0. thanks again!
No problem man! I know you'll enjoy the results.

The game menus work correctly, but in race the game slows so much i can't play, followed all instructions, here's my specs

AMD Phenom™ II X4 840 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
8Gb Ram DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits

Also tried lowering resolution, but does not seems to work :/
Sorry to answer until now. I've been having internet problems this whole month. Your system is pretty similar to mine. You should be able to play at pretty decent speeds. Are you playing the game in 480p mode? Make sure you are. Maybe you can overclock your processor. I had successfully overclocked my old phenom 840 to 4.0 Ghz if I remember correctly. I'm just telling you because you can do a decent overclock on that processor, but you should be able to play the game even if you don't. You will get slowdowns in certain parts. Particularly when looking at the sun or bright lights. Or when having a lot of cars on screen. Don't expect the game to run at 60fps all the time.

Shocked 
[Image: Captuuure.jpg]
Well, i have a crappy screen, with your shader, it won't look breathtaking as your pics, but it looks way better then normal. My only problem is that the game look dark, like if the brightness was low. I followed your steps, so i don't know what is wrong. Also, if i use DX10 or DX11 the game will run slow. I will post my specs to see if you can help me set a balance to have good quality without losing performance.
Or recommend any plugin for my specs.:

Lenovo y580
CPU: Intel core i7-3630QM 2.4GHz up to 3.2GHz 4 CPUs
RAM: 8GB
GPU: GTX 660m