Options for North American Ps2 Users with PAL games?
Ok so I tried GSM and selected Pal @ 60 Hz, I also set the image orientation and that fixed the video being cut off. But its still in black and white. Which settings enable color?

Sponsored links

Well what do you expect,the point is to change the color mode.
Without those settings you are forcing PAL game to run at PAL color mode and not at the default speed for PAL game.

You are supposed to choose NTSC,not PAL.You want to make PAL game to run in color on tv that support only NTSC.

BTW just to mention something...I maybe wrong about GSM,I just assume it will be able to fix the color problem.I'm not 100% sure because I can't try it
(08-19-2012, 07:55 AM)vsub Wrote: Well what do you expect,the point is to change the color mode.
Without those settings you are forcing PAL game to run at PAL color mode and not at the default speed for PAL game.

You are supposed to choose NTSC,not PAL.You want to make PAL game to run in color on tv that support only NTSC.

BTW just to mention something...I maybe wrong about GSM,I just assume it will be able to fix the color problem.I'm not 100% sure because I can't try it

It displays perfectly now, color and everything Smile, now theres the issue of getting it to work correctly, what settings should i try on ESR?
Can't help you with that,I'm not ESR user and since that program appeared,I've tried it only once.

I told you what each ESR option do,the rest is up to you to try them on the game and see if one of them help.

If I was ESR user,the first thing I would try is the Disable ESR after first IOP reset option
(08-19-2012, 05:54 PM)vsub Wrote: Can't help you with that,I'm not ESR user and since that program appeared,I've tried it only once.

I told you what each ESR option do,the rest is up to you to try them on the game and see if one of them help.

If I was ESR user,the first thing I would try is the Disable ESR after first IOP reset option

Well if none of these options work, do i have any other alternatives to try? It would really suck to come this far just to reach a brick wall like this.
If none of those options work + combinations of modes.
The only other alternative is to either put some modchip on your ps2 and play the game normally(not from the patched backup)
Or try Open PS2 Loader(OPL)to load the game over network(if you can actually connect your PS2 with your PC)

What PS2 do you have phat or slim?
(08-19-2012, 08:38 PM)vsub Wrote: If none of those options work + combinations of modes.
The only other alternative is to either put some modchip on your ps2 and play the game normally(not from the patched backup)
Or try Open PS2 Loader(OPL)to load the game over network(if you can actually connect your PS2 with your PC)

Well both of those options wouldnt really work for me. Ive asked PSX scene if there are any ESR setting combinations for dual layer discs. Heres hoping they have the answer i wanna hear lol.
(08-19-2012, 08:38 PM)vsub Wrote: If none of those options work + combinations of modes.

Ok i think I found the problem, I never used a Dual Layer patcher so maybe thats why it didnt work. Im going to try patching the iso with the dual layer patcher, and then esr, then burn it and hope for the best.
I patched it with the Toxic Dual Layer patcher, removed the mds file from the ripped file, and it didnt freeze this time Smile I havent tried it with the GSM selector yet, but im sure it'll work.
Maybe that's requirement when you are going to play them by using ESR,I don't know.