Poll: Is EE overclocking a useful feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.49%
43 91.49%
No
8.51%
4 8.51%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Overclocking the EE (discussion) (testers wanted)
(08-31-2015, 02:39 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Uh no... All of gregory GSdx changes since February?

Gsdx changes should not affect your build if you just use the newest gs plugin.

The savestate bump is maybe an issue. You can not use up2date savestates with the ee over clocking version.

Sponsored links

(09-08-2015, 12:05 AM)willkuer Wrote: Gsdx changes should not affect your build if you just use the newest gs plugin.

The savestate bump is maybe an issue. You can not use up2date savestates with the ee over clocking version.

Yeah that's what I'm doing, GSDX has come on leaps and bounds lately!

(09-07-2015, 10:27 PM)masterotaku Wrote: almost as interested as in 3D Vision compatibility, my most wanted feature that won't probably exist for a long long time

Seconding that, problem is it would likely be a game by game basis just like 3D vision itself, and would be a huge pain in the ass on performance Sad Would love to be able to view games in 3D with the Rift Ninja It would probably be likely that we'd see a complete GSDX rewrite to handle games using mipmapping long before 3D would be covered, I'm fine with that anyway as long as EE overclocking gets into main!
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6Ghz
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor @2.1GHz
Hello Folks, I have done some changes to Blyss's EE overclock commit to make it obey presets and restore defaults settings and also did some changes to the underclock function values above 2 and simplified the overclock stuffs a bit. I asked blyss about it and started to continue the improvements on this commit since Blyss was apparently Busy IRL.

So, If anyone is interested you could check the updated EE overclock build and provide suggestions to improve on any field. Thanks

Here's the build : https://www.dropbox.com/s/rszw62fg01q3ef...2.exe?dl=0

I'll PR it if it's okay with everyone, here's the code for those who are interested : https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/compare/m...EE_Control
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
is the updated build up to date with master?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(09-10-2015, 02:43 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: is the updated build up to date with master?

yes, of course. Smile

Looks like it's 2 commits behind actually, that shouldn't be a problem.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Lookin good! Jumps in clockspeed are a bit big but a lot easier to read the UI now!
Looks nice, but the descriptions(red text) need to be changed(the English is not very good):

for 33% - "Increases hardware requirements. May increase in game FPS"
for 50% - "Greatly increases hardware requirements. May noticeably increase in game FPS"

The first lines of each are fine.

Otherwise looking good, good job!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(09-10-2015, 04:50 PM)Lagahan Wrote: Lookin good! Jumps in clockspeed are a bit big but a lot easier to read the UI now!

Thanks for the feedback , my priority was to make it simple and follow the same format as the previous slider. are there anything worth improving on at the current implementation ?

(09-10-2015, 10:22 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Looks nice, but the descriptions(red text) need to be changed(the English is not very good):

for 33% - "Increases hardware requirements. May increase in game FPS"
for 50% - "Greatly increases hardware requirements. May noticeably increase in game FPS"

The first lines of each are fine.

Otherwise looking good, good job!

Thanks, updated the text. you're the english master after all.
- Refraction
I've noticed big improvements in Quake 3, Wipeout Fusion and Ratchet & Clank 1, but in Ratchet's case since its using software mode on GSDX my CPU cant quite keep up with a 33% overclock. The original game stuttered a little, for example on the Metropolis level where you can see a lot of the city but at 33% OC its gone though I can only get 46fps/50 (PAL) so its just  a little bit too hard to run. I don't really notice it with async mix on the audio though so I run it at 33% OC all the time. I've noticed an increase in smoothness in parts of Killzone during intense scenes as well but again its just a tiny bit too hard to run for my current CPU.

I definitely think it should stay in the emulator, though if needs be for simplicity it should be hidden as a hack somewhere. This hack version could also override the ini settings which were kept for backwards compatibility to allow for more granularity when enabled, but when disabled returning to the old version (0, 1, 2). A big help to making sense of it would be a display of internal game FPS alongside of the output render FPS.

In a few years when CPU's IPC and clocks go up even farther we'll definitely be able to see the benefit in some games. I'm used to gaming at 120hz low persistence or on my Rift so every extra bit of smoothness is a godsend when you're used to zero motion blur. Even if there's a slim chance of running games better than they originally did we should take it!
(09-12-2015, 10:33 AM)ssakash Wrote: are there anything worth improving on at the current implementation ?

Please, can we have higher overclocks than 50%? I'd also like more granularity, like having options from +10% to +100% in 10% increments. If you want to keep bigger steps, it could be +16.67%, +33%, +50%, +66.67%%, +83.33% and +100%.

I want higher than 50% OC because in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, in the "Valley of the Dead" location, when there are a few of those spirit balls, the game can't keep 120fps and falls back to 60fps. That's at 50% OC, of course. It also happens when there are a lot of effects in blattles and similar things. The 120fps patch demands more overclocking than the 60fps one.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR