PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Nice work, archive updated. Smile

Sponsored links

(04-28-2013, 09:42 AM)pelvicthrustman Wrote: Gauntlet: Dark Legacy SLUS_212.82

Widescreen + Render Fix + FMV Fix + Font Fix

[...]

Nice! I wasted quite some time on trying to patch that game, without success... it's great you managed to do it Smile
(04-28-2013, 03:16 PM)No.47 Wrote: Nice! I wasted quite some time on trying to patch that game, without success... it's great you managed to do it Smile

I'm not surprised - the projection function for the game (easy to find by name -> pbProjCalc) doesn't rely on any constants so you have to actually load up a constant of your own and then either insert a new mul.s or div.s or change one of the components of an existing one. The thing that sucks is that this game does awesome clipping lol, so the render fix was actually way more time consuming than the projection hack, that and the font routine did not give much space for mods lol.
Nemesis just did a bunch of request updates (thank you). One of them was James Bond 007: From Russia with Love.

www.ps2wide.net/j.html

Nemesis and Pelvicthrustman, I need you two to work together to tell me which is the better one that I should add to the archive because I wouldn't know. Blink
My best regards to nemesis for .pnaches for
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
Cold Winter (480p hack is quite a treat for PS2 console).
@Devina40
He rewrote the projection function while I adjusted the camera constants, both methods have essentially identical results.

mine
[attachment=43983]

nemesis
[attachment=43984]

Note these are not quite the same frame but very close.

Take your pick, both look good to me. To be fair though the math on his is probably technically more accurate (although if you can even see that in-game is debatable and I'm sure he wishes he'd found the constants instead of having to rewrite the projection Smile).
In James Bond 007: From Russia with Love, original constants values is equal frame size values and this values affects only on vertical fov

as you can see vertical fov for pal and ntsc is different because frame size for NTSC 512x448 and for PAL 512x512

NTSC
[Image: 0071.jpg]

PAL
[Image: 0072.jpg]

also frame size values for single player and multi player mode is different

rewritten function originally receives frame size values (integer) and calculates vertical fov values

I just rewrote original function and changed values that affects on hor fov

P.S. sorry for bad English
(04-28-2013, 07:38 PM)pelvicthrustman Wrote: I'm not surprised - the projection function for the game (easy to find by name -> pbProjCalc) doesn't rely on any constants so you have to actually load up a constant of your own and then either insert a new mul.s or div.s or change one of the components of an existing one. The thing that sucks is that this game does awesome clipping lol, so the render fix was actually way more time consuming than the projection hack, that and the font routine did not give much space for mods lol.

Thanks for the explanation! I guess it shows that the game was developed for old arcade hardware originally...
Great game if you like old-school arcade gameplay, especially for coop.

EDIT: nemesis2000, good job on "MDK 2 - Armageddon" and "Cold Winter" Smile
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows SLUS_210.77

Original
[attachment=43985]

Widescreen
[attachment=43986]
Oh yeah, almost forgot, No. 47, when you can, I need you to help convert these 4 games to .pnach since you made these .elf hacks and have the games too:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid221642

1. Champions: Return to Arms
  2. Hydro Thunder
  3. Sega Sports Tennis
  4. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

It'd be a big help to me.