PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(04-24-2013, 01:48 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Also I've noticed a few patches for games that already have native widescreen, Like Soul Caliber III. Why is that?

Maybe if you read the readme in the archive, you'd know.

Sponsored links

(04-24-2013, 03:11 AM)devina40 Wrote: Maybe if you read the readme in the archive, you'd know.

Well, I'm sorry for assuming that after "Spanish" it was all just in other languages, Like most readmes. Maybe you should group the English information with one all together, and then add other languages after it. Then maybe i would know.

And if it was your intent to sound rude, You did so very well.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(04-24-2013, 03:22 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Well, I'm sorry for assuming that after "Spanish" it was all just in other languages, Like most readmes. Maybe you should group the English information with one all together, and then add other languages after it. Then maybe i would know.

And if it was your intent to sound rude, You did so very well.

I'm not mad or anything (it's difficult to detect people's emotions through written language on the internet), just a little frustrated. Wacko
Your question was answered anyway, so that's that.
@devina40:
Suggest you add "Network Access Disc & Hardware - Online Arena"
to the list of "Games requiring 16:9 set in BIOS".
Suggest you rename "Games requiring 16:9 set in BIOS"
into "Games requiring 16:9 set in BIOS to enable build-in 16:9".
It has appeared to me that setting the screen configuration in the BIOS-menu
to "Full" won't do for "Games requiring 16:9 set in BIOS"; it has to be "16:9".
Suggest you add this info.
Cheerio.
So still no patch for "SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom"? :/
(04-22-2013, 01:04 AM)devina40 Wrote: Please read the first rule in the requests section.

Ah ok i see,sorry about that devina40.Well if i can only request up to 2 patches then im gonna go with 1.NFL Blitz 2003 [SLUS 20474] and 2.MLB Slugfest Loaded [SLUS 20889].Thanks once again to all who contribute to the widescreen patches.Biggrin
Okay, I'll do it in the next update.

(04-25-2013, 09:32 PM)Scootaloo Wrote: So still no patch for "SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom"? :/

I tried the most common values in Cheat Engine, sorry, no luck...
Here's a patch for 007: From Russia with Love (SLUS_212.82)

Original
[attachment=43933]

Widescreen
[attachment=43934]

Note that PCSX2 cannot currently get past the intro in this game - I used a downloaded save game to get in-game.

Also - the PNACH for this doesn't 100% translate to an ELF patch, two extra hacks (commented out but included) can be used in conjunction with PNACH Converter to make a working ELF hack.

Here's the intro running on a PS2

Original
[attachment=43935]

Widescreen
[attachment=43936]

Hacked using ELF Search Tool Smile
(04-26-2013, 07:51 AM)pelvicthrustman Wrote: Here's a patch for 007: From Russia with Love (SLUS_212.82)

Wow, thank you. Great hack for nice game.
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy SLUS_212.82

Widescreen + Render Fix + FMV Fix + Font Fix

Original
[attachment=43972]
Widescreen
[attachment=43973]

Stretched FMV
[attachment=43974]
Fixed FMV
[attachment=43975]

Stretched Font
[attachment=43976]
Fixed Font
[attachment=43977]

The render fix properly adjusts the object clipping to the new widescreen viewport but I wasn't able to figure out how to adjust the clipping viewport so I ended up just disabling it - in some limited testing I did it didn't seem to reduce the frame rate. Update: Frame rate is perfect all the way through the first level on a real PS2 so this should be fine.