PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(06-06-2013, 12:48 PM)devina40 Wrote: Wait, aren't those all just from the opening FMV? That's perfectly normal because in the opening FMV, the anime scenes are letterboxed and whenever it shows gameplay, it switches to fullscreen. Same goes for Persona 4. There's nothing we can do about it, plus it's very trivial. The credits are cropped too. Keep playing the rest of the game and everything else is fine.

Yes, it's a sign PCSX2's hardware mode still needs improvement.
It's why tons of games have glitches in hardware mode that are fixed in software mode.

This still doesn't answer my question. Why are FMVs glitchy with this new patch and not with the old patch? Surely the FMVs would be glitchy regardless of there being a patch present or not. I know what you're talking about too, I have experienced the issue with KH1 FMVs (no patch applied). What was changed in the updated patch to cause the FMVs to do that? Pretty sure I would have noticed the glitch with the old patch/no patch considering the fact that I have played and recorded most of the game without any FMV glitches. And no, I have never switched to software mode. This glitch ONLY started appearing after the new widescreen patch, that I only found out about after reading this video's description: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UHBajA-ufA

EDIT: Fixed it myself. For those of you who want to fix it too, go into the pnach and comment out (// before each line) everything under Black Border Fix. I have no idea what that actually patches but I lived without it before, I'm sure I can live without it now.
EDIT 2: Found out what it does, it removes the black borders of in game cutscenes. Personally, I don't really see the point...if it creates visual bugs in FMVs then it really shouldn't be enabled. Yeah, sure, you can enable software mode while on FMVs but you shouldn't have to do that in the first place. I guess it's a problem with both the patch and PCSX2 (have fun waiting for it to get fixed, PCSX2 barely gets updated outside of linux/opengl anymore). Although I don't know why removing black borders for in game cutscenes makes FMVs glitchy...
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.

Sponsored links

Ok thanks but will all cut scenes be weird and cut off like that? if so would switching to software mode for cutscenes fix that cause that would bug me lol
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]
@Tyestor:

*shrugs* Me and Nemesis kind of said that multiple times, it was the black bars. Just deal with it for now until the emulator eventually improves. At least the game isn't FMV heavy. Closedeyes

(06-06-2013, 06:15 PM)Fayt756 Wrote: Ok thanks but will all cut scenes be weird and cut off like that? if so would switching to software mode for cutscenes fix that cause that would bug me lol

No, of course not, it's only the intro FMV and credits. Enjoy~
(06-06-2013, 07:46 PM)devina40 Wrote: @Tyestor:

*shrugs* Me and Nemesis kind of said that multiple times, it was the black bars. Just deal with it for now until the emulator eventually improves. At least the game isn't FMV heavy. Closedeyes

No, of course not, it's only the intro FMV and credits. Enjoy~

Thanks for all the help!
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]
(06-05-2013, 03:00 PM)Lordbarker Wrote: Could I request a Dynamite Deka patch please for DD/Die Hard Arcade - don't think one has been requested as yet. Many thanks to all the superstars doing these patches Laugh

Sega Ages 2500 Vol 26 - Dynamite Deka (NTSC-J) (SLPM-62717) [attachment=44529]

[attachment=44530][attachment=44531]

afaik there are no ntsc-u versions for sega ages 2500 series games.
My - humble - contribution to the archive, port of WS hack for God of War II (by nemesis2000) to PAL.
Tested & confirmed working on real hardware using ps2rd.

God of War II - SCES__542.06 (PAL)
PAL\Europe:
New pnach for "Project Zero" (One), with Cutsceen-hack.
Thanks for the Deka patch - yeah knew there wasn't a PAL/US release just giving it's alternate name Wink
Hmm, doesn't recognise the patch mate - is it named correctly?
EDIT: Seems the CRC code for DD is 31660020 - rename the patch to that if anyone else having issues Smile
(06-09-2013, 11:26 PM)Lordbarker Wrote: EDIT: Seems the CRC code for DD is 31660020 - rename the patch to that if anyone else having issues Smile

Are you sure that's the CRC...? Never seen a CRC with only numbers and no letters before. Just need to double check before I update the archive.
Greetings, I thought I should finally join everyone here in this forum as there is something I just need to ask.

Is no else annoyed by the fact that although all these games are in widescreen, everything else, being the HUD, text, character portraits are all still stretched? I know VIRGIN_KLM made a note of it way before, and as a result managed to find the font address for Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. While text doesn't seem like a big deal, stuff like character like portraits look really weird stretched, and I'm sure the original artist wouldn't want their work not being shown in its original format....

........IS what I was originally going to say....

Until I tried it myself, and I realized that at least for certain games, finding stuff like HUD values is a huge pain, and unless you have a knowledge of assembly, which I do not, your out of luck.

However, with that said, I would like to provide my contribution to the archive.

Grandia 2 (NTSC-U), with an FMV fix and about every HUD value fix I could find for in-game battles.
**a couple notes*
1) The FMV's are fixed to 4:3 because they would be cut off otherwise.
2) Like nemesis noted in Haunting Ground, the fmv effects only exist within the 4:3 area, as you will notice in battles, especially.
3) For anyone wanting to port, aside from the FMV fix, I didn't write the original values because all the modified values are simply 0.75* the original.
[attachment=44575][attachment=44576][attachment=44577]

An improved Tales of Symphonia patch with a proper FMV fix, as someone requested a couple posts back. I'm still learning but damn, I didn't know you could use negative numbers...
[attachment=44578]

Thanks go to:
devina40 for keeping track of EVERYTHING
ElfHecht for the original widescreen hack of Grandia 2
GameArts for making their game easy enough to find HUD values in cheat engine
Everyone else for keeping the ps2 relevant in today's HD world