NTSC-J

Brothers in Arms - Road to Hill 30
Moto GP 3
Viewtiful Joe (CRC 634947D7)
Viewtiful Joe 2 (CRC F977249C)

-------------------------------------------------------

---------- 4:3---------- Option Wide ---------- Widehack 16:9

Attached Files
.rar   20150117.RAR (Size: 1,95 KB / Downloads: 207)

Sponsored links

^ But the HUD speedometer is stretched in the widehack, but it's fine in the option wide.
Wouldn't it make more sense to find a zoom address for the option wide?
(01-15-2015, 08:43 PM)FeRcHuLeS Wrote: I need help I want to make and elf hack, but what values to look for VERTICAL FOV & MAIN HUD ADDRESSES

As I've mentioned before, there are no "standard" FOV values across all PS2 games. Same goes for HUD values unfortunately Sad. In fact HUD values are even more likely to differ from game-to-game than FOV values because it's very unusual for games (even in the same series) to re-use identical HUDs.

I'd recommend starting out by finding the FOV/HUD values you're looking for in live memory, then use one of the methods mentioned in post #4136 to "convert" what you find into ELF hacks.

As for finding values, I'd highly recommend reviewing synce's 10 step guide. The following excerpt covers viable ranges to start off with:
(03-29-2012, 06:49 AM)synce Wrote: FAILING
If you've edited every instance of this particular value and still don't have 16:9 then it's time to start a new scan with another value. This value could be really low (decimals range) or really high (hundreds range). So we're going to search for a range of values to speed things up.

For Scan Type, select "Value between..." and for Value Type select "Float." Some good ranges to search are 0.250~0.999, 1.001~1.800, and 440.0~640.0.

Depending on how the HUDs are done in the game you're dealing with, it may affect how you'd want to go about searching...

If your game seems to be using 2D HUDs (they'd look very pixelated while running the game at a high resolution in PCSX2), its HUD positions might be based on decimal numbers (not floats). In that case, you might want to try taking screenshots of the game running in PCSX2's GSdx software mode via the F8 key, then exame HUD pixel dimensions, positions, etc. If you're luck, that might give you a basis to work from

If your game appears to be using 3D HUDs (they'd look smooth in high resolution PCSX2 modes), its HUD positions are probably based on float values. In that case, synce's proposed ranges (especially .250~1.800) would be a good place to start. Keep in mind that you might have to go through massive amounts of addresses until you find the right one. It's like finding a needle in a haystack. If the game's HUDs are positioned relative to the center of the screen (left-aligned HUDs in Incognito's games are done this way), you might even stumble upon situations where certain left-aligned HUDs are using negative float numbers.

Anyways, having said all that, finding FOVs and (especially) HUD values from scratch without anything to go on is a huge pain. There's no guarantee that anything I said above will apply to your game(s) Sad. Every game is programmed differently.

HUD repositioning doesn't seem to be all that common in the world of PS2 widescreen hacking because a large amount of PS2 games use 2D HUD overlays on top of 3D in-game viewports. So in those cases, when FOV hacks get developed, the 3D stuff gets adjusted and the 2D stuff continues to scale to the full screen while looking kind of "fat". Most people consider that to be acceptable.

It's kind of a hit and miss kind of deal. IMO it really depends on luck, dedication, and spare time.
(01-09-2015, 05:58 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: The Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles patch needs a fix:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=53674] [Image: attachment.php?aid=53675]

Can anyone fix this? I would still really appreciate it if someone could look into this issue.
Moto GP 3 (J)(SLPS-25204) - fixed HUD speedometer
^ That's nice! Though I don't really care much for the NTSC-J version.

Please see about MotoGP1-4 NTSC-U. Smile
(01-17-2015, 11:36 AM)Aced14 Wrote: As I've mentioned before, there are no "standard" FOV values across all PS2 games. Same goes for HUD values unfortunately Sad. In fact HUD values are even more likely to differ from game-to-game than FOV values because it's very unusual for games (even in the same series) to re-use identical HUDs.

I'd recommend starting out by finding the FOV/HUD values you're looking for in live memory, then use one of the methods mentioned in post #4136 to "convert" what you find into ELF hacks.

As for finding values, I'd highly recommend reviewing synce's 10 step guide. The following excerpt covers viable ranges to start off with:

Depending on how the HUDs are done in the game you're dealing with, it may affect how you'd want to go about searching...

If your game seems to be using 2D HUDs (they'd look very pixelated while running the game at a high resolution in PCSX2), its HUD positions might be based on decimal numbers (not floats). In that case, you might want to try taking screenshots of the game running in PCSX2's GSdx software mode via the F8 key, then exame HUD pixel dimensions, positions, etc. If you're luck, that might give you a basis to work from

If your game appears to be using 3D HUDs (they'd look smooth in high resolution PCSX2 modes), its HUD positions are probably based on float values. In that case, synce's proposed ranges (especially .250~1.800) would be a good place to start. Keep in mind that you might have to go through massive amounts of addresses until you find the right one. It's like finding a needle in a haystack. If the game's HUDs are positioned relative to the center of the screen (left-aligned HUDs in Incognito's games are done this way), you might even stumble upon situations where certain left-aligned HUDs are using negative float numbers.

Anyways, having said all that, finding FOVs and (especially) HUD values from scratch without anything to go on is a huge pain. There's no guarantee that anything I said above will apply to your game(s) Sad. Every game is programmed differently.

HUD repositioning doesn't seem to be all that common in the world of PS2 widescreen hacking because a large amount of PS2 games use 2D HUD overlays on top of 3D in-game viewports. So in those cases, when FOV hacks get developed, the 3D stuff gets adjusted and the 2D stuff continues to scale to the full screen while looking kind of "fat". Most people consider that to be acceptable.

It's kind of a hit and miss kind of deal. IMO it really depends on luck, dedication, and spare time.

Thanks again, I am really doing my best but, this is for Sega Ages After Burner II.
I've searched in cheat engine using next scan, NO LUCK
ADDRESS RANGE: 201fffff-21ffffff
VALUE RANGE: 0.001-10000.0 (FLOAT)

I've searched in cheat engine without using next scan, NO LUCK
ADDRESS RANGE: 201fffff-21ffffff
VALUE RANGE: 0.001-10000.0 (FLOAT)

I've searched using elf seacrh tool, NO LUCK
PATTERN MASK VALUE: 3c0X3fXX

The next post is what I've got
Can anyone help me fixing the patch so that the sight graphic and the flight leveler stay visible in the screen?

SEGA AGES VOL 10 AFTER BURNER II NTSC/J

I'm pointing out what needs to be fixed

Attached Files
.pnach   60437C5F.pnach (Size: 658 bytes / Downloads: 286)
NTSC-U

Moto GP
Moto GP 2
Moto GP 4

PAL

Moto GP
Moto GP 2
Moto GP 3 (fixed... HUD speedometer)
Moto GP 4

NTSC-J

Moto GP 3 (fixed... HUD speedometer)
Moto GP 4
--------------------------------------------

Attached Files
.rar   MotoGP Series.RAR (Size: 3,8 KB / Downloads: 163)
Is there a way to fix HUD for GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas like Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories?