PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(07-07-2012, 12:19 AM)golem09 Wrote: Now nemesis, how about an Okami resolution hack Laugh
impossible

Sponsored links

Just confirming the new ffx hack works with ffx-2 (jp).
Please tell me how to apply the 4 hexa numbers.
With all this patchs, im thinking that i need to take again my discs and start to make isos to play again my favs games in 16:9. Thanks and darn i gonna have less free time :x
(07-07-2012, 05:42 AM)Livy Wrote: Please tell me how to apply the 4 hexa numbers.

1. mount the iso / put the dvd in
2. copy the file SLUS_XXX.XX into your PCSX2 folder and rename it to somethingyouwant.ELF
3. download a free hex editor, like HxD
4. choose "hex values" instead of "text strings" in the search bo (for HxD)
5. Look at the 4 values and which of them changed. Search for that value with the hex editor and replace it with the new one.
6. Repeat for all.
7. Load the iso into PCSX2.
8. Click on System->Run ELF, open the elf file.
9. Enjoy yourself as a member of the glorious PC master race.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid240786
I basically have no real knowledge of tech behind all this and so far I never even thought this whole thing here was possible. So I want to ask you guys, who probably know better:
Now that this is known, is there any chance on making PSX games widescreen? Especially the for me most important game of all time, Xenogears?
(07-08-2012, 12:18 AM)golem09 Wrote: I basically have no real knowledge of tech behind all this and so far I never even thought this whole thing here was possible. So I want to ask you guys, who probably know better:
Now that this is known, is there any chance on making PSX games widescreen? Especially the for me most important game of all time, Xenogears?

Yes, basically it's possible. There were already discussions about widescreen hacks for PSX games on psx-scene and here in this thread.
You might simply try it for your game. However, reportedly most PSX games will have "glitches" outside the 4:3 frame.
In case your wondering nemesis2000, your castlevania:lament of innocence widescreen patch also works on the NTSC-U version, SLUS 20733, thank you for the patch.

Also on an unrelated note to anyone who might know, is it normal for loading from the elf to turn off cheats?
Just wondering.
^ Modifying the elf changes the game crc, so change the pnach filename to match the new crc