PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(09-08-2012, 07:03 PM)LuisKx Wrote: Xenosaga Episode III - NTSC-U version

It took me a while (This is my first patch and my first work with cheat engine too), this is basically a port from the ntsc-j version by since, I only test the beginning and the parts where the render problem happened 0 problems.
AWESOME! Thanks so much!

Sponsored links

(09-08-2012, 09:38 PM)dlanor Wrote: Just five posts earlier than yours (in post#857) I posted links to my pnach files for Kingdom Hearts 1, and both of these pnach files are preset to use aspect ratio 16:10. One is for the US release and the other is for the UK release.

So if you have either the US or the UK release of the game, then all you need do is to download and store the proper pnach file (or both) from my post into the "cheats" subfolder of your PCSX2 folder. Then you just open the emulator's dropdown menu and set it to "Enable Cheats". After this the emulator will use the patches automatically whenever you run the matching game.

NB: You do NOT need to use the 'widescreen program'.
That's just one of several tools used by those who create widescreen patches.

Best regards: dlanor

Thanks a bunch for the help! Smile

*EDIT*

Any Idea where I could get my hands on a KH:2 Final Mix pnach file?
(09-09-2012, 04:42 AM)Mcspanky37 Wrote: Any Idea where I could get my hands on a KH:2 Final Mix pnach file?

Next time use "Search Thread" at the lower right.
Core i7 [email protected]
Kingston 16GB
MSI Geforce GTX 770
Windows 10 Pro x64
(09-04-2012, 03:40 PM)Canzah Wrote: Anyone got patches for the SMT Raidou games? Namely:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army
and
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon

I've been searching high and low but couldn't find one for either of them.

If no exist, I'd be grateful if someone could make those Smile

Any chance someone could help with that?
I tried using the Widescreen Helper but it didn't seem to find anything, it only caused Raidou's model to glitch :/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Xenosaga Episode III - NTSC-U (16:10)

Maybe my last patch (maybe not), well for everyone like me who have an 16:10 monitor, enjoy.

IMPORTANT: This patch have a problem in the fmvs and in some E.S battles, to solve that you need Cheat Engine 6.2

To solve the problem, follow the next steps:

-Playing the game WHEN THE PROBLEM HAPPEN (black bar in the right side of the screen), pause the emulation and open cheat engine.
-In cheat engine, click to "Open Process" (the computer icon), then find and select "Pcsx2.exe".
-Click in "Add Address Manually", in the next screen type this address: "208BC4A8", type: Float.
-Resume the emulation, right click in the address you add and select "Find out what writes in this address", select "Yes" in the next dialog.
-There must be appear one or two "Instructions", select the one who says "mov[ecx],edx".
-Click in replace, "Yes" in the next Dialog and thats it, problem solved.
*NOTE: You need to do this every time you open the emulator and when you load a savestate.

It's very fast and easy, but if someone knows how to solve the problem without do this, please PM me with the solution.

.pnach   2088950A.pnach (Size: 301 bytes / Downloads: 514)
(09-09-2012, 03:15 AM)pantonio717 Wrote: If it's just a matter of multiplying/dividing a value against the hex value,
For most cases of changing from 16:9 to 16:10 it can be sufficient to multiply or divide a few constants by a factor of 10/9.

But it's not just a case of doing it with normal integer hex numbers, as these constants are normally in a special floating point format, as follows.

Bit 31 = Sign bit of total value. Set for negative values (not used for WS scaling).
Bit 30 = Inverse sign bit of (binary_exponent-1) set for values of 2.0 or larger
Bits 29..23 = (7_bit_binary_exponent-1). Zero for values in range from 2.0 up to but not including 4.0.
Bits 22..0 = 23_bit normalized mantissa. (Additional set top bit always implied, making it 24 bits.)

Frequently such an FP value is loaded to the upper half of a register specifying only 16 bits (the rest being auto-zeroed), which then correspond to bits 31..16 as described above, so for those cases only 7 bits of the mantissa value are included (making it 8 with the always implied set top bit).

Sometimes such an operation is followed by another, setting the 16 low bits of the same register, and for such a case you'll need two patches to modify the entire value of that constant.

This kind of split-value patching is most common when patching ELF code.

Another important fact to consider is that ELF patches sometimes include not only the constant values, but also the opcodes used to load the values into CPU registers or RAM. And if you modify those opcodes incorrectly then the game is almost certain to crash.

Quote:Edit: Actually no worries. I'll figure it out.
Good. I hope the floating point format specs above can help you do so.
(And if I made any embarrasing mistakes in that, hopefully others will correct me...Tongue)

Best regards: dlanor
I notice a problem in my xenosaga III patch... (tricky game really)

A vertical black bar appear on the right side of the image, and only on the background (the 3d models looks fine in that area), I change some values and I improve the patch but its still noticeable (and a lot more noticeable in the 16:9 version).

Synce this problem happens in your ntsc-j patch?

Well a pic with the problem, the first one is with my original values and the other one with the new values.

No such problems here but I only tested the first 30 minutes or so.
(09-11-2012, 10:13 PM)synce Wrote: No such problems here but I only tested the first 30 minutes or so.

It happens in the first video intro too, and then after the prologue (didn't appear in normal gameplay)

I already complete Xenosaga II with my patch and it was perfect, episode III is the problem...

Testing with the cheat engine in that part I notice the problem, the value for the address to render the right part resets to the original value and it come back to normal after that part, It's really strange...

more widescreen patches

Def Jam - Vendetta SLUS_206.39
Def Jam: Fight For NY SLES_525.07
Dokapon Kingdom SLUS_217.78
DragonBall Z - Sagas SLUS_208.74
E.O.E - Eve of Extinction SLUS_202.70
Hunter - The Reckoning - Wayward SLUS_205.11
Ikki Tousen Shining Dragon SLPS_257.98
Marvel Ultimate Alliance SLUS_213.74
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 SLUS_218.79
MTV Celebrity Deathmatch SLUS_206.04