PSOne Widescreen Patches
I am very interested, widescreen on real hardware is badass.

Thank you very much to both.

Sponsored links

(11-02-2014, 08:48 PM)PsxFan107 Wrote: When I post my stuff, should I just post codes or should I post patches that can be directly applied to the game. I'd like some feedback.

I'm very interested, i prefer more the patches but if you can post
both methods people can choose.

Best regards.
It's gonna be a while before I can post anything, because I'm currently busy with college stuff.
Agreed about Megaman Legends 1 and 2 they would look sweet with widescreen and the enhancments you get from emulators like epsxe and petes opengl 2.9 plugin and shaders. same applies to nearly every 3d based psx game.
(11-06-2014, 08:31 AM)Topken Wrote: Agreed about Megaman Legends 1 and 2 they would look sweet with widescreen and the enhancments you get from emulators like epsxe and petes opengl 2.9 plugin and shaders. same applies to nearly every 3d based psx game.

I've dug around in both Megaman legends games and turned up nothing unfortunately.
Hello again.

Is there a patch for driver 2 pal ? (the Spanish version)

Maybe too much to ask but could be take a look at Front mission 3 ??

Lastly, is there any practical way to learn and help make these patches? I would like to contribute in some way, cheers!
(11-07-2014, 11:19 AM)wolfness Wrote: Hello again.

Is there a patch for driver 2 pal ? (the Spanish version)

Maybe too much to ask but could be take a look at Front mission 3 ??

Lastly, is there any practical way to learn and help make these patches? I would like to contribute in some way, cheers!

P.M. me the SCES/SLES file for the Spanish version of driver 2. I looked into Front mission 3 and came up empty handed. Also, there is no practical way of learning to make these patches because there is no guaranteed way of making these patches because this stuff is still a gray area.
Of course (are just checksums I do not think to break the rules)

SLES-02997
redump.org/disc/21329/
SLES-12997
redump.org/disc/21330/

Thanks for the hassle of check Front Mission 3.

It seems to me or in psx has to go to a deeper level, not by the surface as is done in ps2 or I am mistaken, there is the problem.

There is no way of creating a universal hack that forced all games as it does pcsx-R ??? or at least apply the same technique in other emulators, such as that developed by sony for ps2 the "POPS" / "POPStarter"

I never researched as does this emulator, injects code into the bios?

A greeting.
(11-09-2014, 05:02 AM)wolfness Wrote: Of course (are just checksums I do not think to break the rules)

SLES-02997
redump.org/disc/21329/
SLES-12997
redump.org/disc/21330/

Thanks for the hassle of check Front Mission 3.

It seems to me or in psx has to go to a deeper level, not by the surface as is done in ps2 or I am mistaken, there is the problem.

There is no way of creating a universal hack that forced all games as it does pcsx-R ??? or at least apply the same technique in other emulators, such as that developed by sony for ps2 the "POPS" / "POPStarter"

I never researched as does this emulator, injects code into the bios?

A greeting.

I can not make the widescreen code unless you P.M. me the SLES file. The checksum is useless to me. Also, there is no way of making a universal hack. Every game is coded differently. The emulator injects the codes either into the emulated RAM or into the S**S file.
(11-09-2014, 09:13 PM)PsxFan107 Wrote: The emulator injects the codes either into the emulated RAM or into the S**S file.
It's neither of those, I checked the pull request code on PCSX-r and it doesn't seem to do something like this, it's something more complicated. I don't really understand what it does, it seems to manipulate the way PSOne's GPU calculates the framebuffer window or something, it's way beyond my knowledge.