Removal of Custom resolution from GSdx
Which value for the Custom Resolution? (For saiki)

Sponsored links

(09-08-2015, 07:22 PM)gregory Wrote: Which value for the Custom Resolution? (For saiki)

I used 384x384 and 256x256

I went from like 10-20 or something, it wasn't a huge jump but it was noticeable. I could dig up the old logs when I posted about it if you like, but that will take me a while

@nobbs: unless things have changed, I used 128x128 on GoW back in the 0.9.8 days, which worked for that game, by the way (nearly got full 60fps too)
Setting the image width to anything lower than 640 in Burnout 3: Takedown results in a black screen until you set it ≥640 again. Setting the height below 448 does not produce this problem, for some reason. I can't say anything about speed improvements, since my PC can't run the game at max speed at all, and both EE and GS are almost always at 100% Wacko
yeah, in all games I've tested setting a res below native results in a black screen
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
My ancient PC(P4 2.8Ghz,6600GT,1GB ram)still works and I just tried Ar Tonelico 2(looking at the character status screen)
From 640x448 to 384x384 while using pcsx2 1.0.0(I can't use the latest because the pc is using really old hdd without service pack 3 for windows xp(I need it to be able to install Visual C++ 2013))and I got +5fps Tongue2
(09-08-2015, 08:27 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: yeah, in all games I've tested setting a res below native results in a black screen
This happens to me with the latest git builds, but not with the stable build. It accepts resolutions down to 256.
Yes,since some GSdx version,setting anything lower than native width(the height can be lower)will display black screen.
How about changing the custom resolution boxes to accept floating-point numbers as multipliers of the native resolution?
From the testing I've done, it's been impossible to set below native for quite a while, so I think it's best to say screw it and put more effort into fixing issues, instead of debugging why we can't set a lower resolution. A 1.5native might be a decent idea though.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Of those viewers of Saiki's thread, i wonder how many are pirates that just want to play their games for free since they don't own a PS2.
I don't mean to sound harsh here, and certainly I'm not directly accusing anyone, But why play with a lesser experience than on a PS2 when PS2's are $50?

Anyway the point i am making is, are those numbers skewed?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64