So.... ICO is playable now? Compatibility list says yes.
(04-26-2009, 04:12 AM)Larfin_Man Wrote: Thanks Jaft, looks like ticking the "native" box worked! A pity you can't change the D3D internal res when the Native box is checked.
Also, I did plan to use one of the 2 most preferred plugins which directly use an Iso image, but one plugin couldn't start and I didn't understand the other one, not really a problem now that the game is working.

They're pretty straight forward most of the time, I suggest you use Linnuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0, it' one of the best. I've been testing CDVDolio 0.1.0 too, with great results.

With the Linnuz one you'll see a lot of boxes and buttons in the configuration window, you just need the first box with a button by it's side labeled "Select Iso". You just press that button and browse your image in the window that opens, and that's it, close the config. window and fire up the emulator.
CPU: C2D [email protected] GPU: GeForce 8800GT@700/1750/965 RAM: 4GB Corsair DDR2 800Mhz

Sponsored links

Didn't realize Linnuz Iso was so simple..I was confused with the buttons thinking that I had to use it to edit an ISO or something, anyway I got it working, it wouldn't let me use the ISO because of the filename, which I fixed and all is good now.
BTW, I beat ICO yesterday. 5 and a half hours of pure enjoyment.
(04-27-2009, 11:02 AM)Larfin_Man Wrote: Didn't realize Linnuz Iso was so simple..I was confused with the buttons thinking that I had to use it to edit an ISO or something, anyway I got it working, it wouldn't let me use the ISO because of the filename, which I fixed and all is good now.
BTW, I beat ICO yesterday. 5 and a half hours of pure enjoyment.

is the game THAT short? hmm.. heard good thing about it so thought I borrow it from my friend and try it... got black screen for NTSC version. any suggestion?
(04-29-2009, 10:32 AM)agentghost Wrote: is the game THAT short? hmm.. heard good thing about it so thought I borrow it from my friend and try it... got black screen for NTSC version. any suggestion?

Well that's what the Game Time within the game said, but realistically it would be around 6 and a half or 7 hours as I used save states quite a bit for loading.
If you're getting a black screen, firstly just try to use "Run > Execute" to start the game, rather than "File > Run CD/DVD".
If that doesn't work then go over all the posts within this thread to find out what the best configurations are.
(04-30-2009, 11:49 AM)Larfin_Man Wrote:
(04-29-2009, 10:32 AM)agentghost Wrote: is the game THAT short? hmm.. heard good thing about it so thought I borrow it from my friend and try it... got black screen for NTSC version. any suggestion?

Well that's what the Game Time within the game said, but realistically it would be around 6 and a half or 7 hours as I used save states quite a bit for loading.
If you're getting a black screen, firstly just try to use "Run > Execute" to start the game, rather than "File > Run CD/DVD".
If that doesn't work then go over all the posts within this thread to find out what the best configurations are.

I still get the "transparent blank screen" when trying to play the PAL version. When I go to run execute, It just sits there and doesn't load anyting, same with RUn DVD except run dvd it loads elf files but then just doesn't do anything from there.
ChenZen - A blog for games, technology, gadgets, anime, manga, music, or about anything else that interests the average geek.
heres a screen shot of what happens in all three cases for me same result. any help appreciated.

this is with revision 1106

ChenZen - A blog for games, technology, gadgets, anime, manga, music, or about anything else that interests the average geek.
Completed PAL version today, No Crashes no Hangs no Issues, a Great Game just like SoTC, which i've completed yesterday
Ninja(NGemu nickname: xcedf)Ninja
Just wanted to share with everyone else that ICO PAL is playable if you're using European bios, which i've tried. Also i've tried using D3D internal res (not native) too but at a minimum res and it doesn't have hang up during gameplay and cutscenes. Though my rig is not that powerful, yet i've managed to play through the game. Pretty a work of art, this pcsx2, thx to the crew =)
I put 2560x1600 for internal res. I play PAL version of ICO at 50HZ with latest Gsdx+Pcsx svn version.
And it is right that after 1 hour of game for example, suddently the game hangs up hazardously.
Does it because I change internal res ?
Asus P5Q Pro | C2D E8400 [email protected] + Noctua NH-C12P | Extreme Patriot 2x2Go DDR2-PC8500 | Inno 3D GeForce GTX 260 | WD Raptor 74Go 8Mo
i played at the same 50Hz too, but with older pcsx svn ver. yep sometimes it hanged my windows altogether, havta hard reboot O.o ... maybe try at a lower internal res? stil not that stable i guess =)