So.... ICO is playable now? Compatibility list says yes.
I tried looking through this thread, but I'm still confused on what the recommended settings are to run Ico (NTSC-U version). I've tried some of the things mentioned, but I haven't got past the Playstation 2 logo, and the Linuz Iso CDVD plugin keeps giving me errors when trying to start the game no matter how I do it (either Run > CDVD or Execute).

Sponsored links

Alright, I seem to have ICO[PAL] in a playable state after doing numerous things. At least for now. What I had originally tried was the current official (non-beta) release of PCSX2 and related plugins. That caused PCSX2 to crash after the PS2 logo. I finally found that GSdx thread and grabbed 2 of the versions stated to work with ICO[PAL] in this thread (0.1.4 and 0.1.6).

In addition to that I grabbed the beta binary for pcsx2 and the newest snapshot of GSdx. I wanted to test the newest snapshot of GSdx just to see if the issues were finally fixed. A test run with the newest snapshot of GSdx showed immediate improvement but, ultimately ended up not working out either. There was an error message that would just scroll and scroll the console window until PCSX2 eventually crashed. Oddly enough this error message doesn't get recorded in the log file. If I try a newer version of GSdx again I'll try to get that error added to this post for posterity. Since that was not working out I switched the GSdx version to 0.1.6 ssse3. This gave me a seemingly playable game. My northbridge overheated after I hit the first save point so I was hit with a forced reboot (entirely unrelated). The only problem I seem to be facing now is that rooms with a flame effect give me a yellow bar along the very bottom of my screen. It doesn't exactly make it unplayable but it's an annoying graphical bug. I will probably try 0.1.4 (with whatever the highest SSE option is) the next time I try to play ICO[PAL] and update this thread again. I really hope whatever the problem is gets fixed in the upcoming GSdx releases. I don't have a TV these days and my monitor doesn't have the proper input jacks for a PS2 so this is really my only choice atm.
Daimao, could you provide a list of your exact emulator and plugin versions, and their settings, please? I only have an ISO of the NTSU-U version so I don't know if those same setting will work, but if not it shouldn't be a problem finding the PAL version anyway.
Does ANYONE know a good emulator setup to run ICO?
Have you ever wondered what happened to Ico and Yorda after surviving struggle for life?
What kind of relationship grew between them?
Was it love or only friendship?

Now you will be able to reveal their deepest secret...check out new lightsaber love'o'meter. See how this horned (horny?Tongue) boy desired her...especially when he hold her hand.

To find out just load my Ico - Gondola save from memory card 2

http://rapidshare.com/files/238677430/Mcd002.ps2
Asus M2N-E
Amd Phenom II X4 945 3000 MHz
Ati Radeon HD 4850 512MB
4 GB Ram
In reference to my previous post.
This save enables 2 players game mode (yeah...you can ask your girlfriend to play as Yorda Cool )
It also adds film filter in options menu.
Asus M2N-E
Amd Phenom II X4 945 3000 MHz
Ati Radeon HD 4850 512MB
4 GB Ram
Hi there... (it's been a while, isn't it?)Smile

I'm playing ICO (jap) a lot lately on pcsx2 (beta-1474) and I've encountered what may be a real bug affecting gameplay : in the level where you must stop the waterfall, after you turned the switch closing the watergate, you have to push a crate in the passage where the water was...
But as you push/pull it on the ground, this crate just disapears without reason... (the screenshot shows the place where it disappears)
I know it seems strange but this is the only place I encountered this bug (so far) and unfortunately, you need this crate to exit the level...

If somebody with the euro/us version could check this part... to see if the bug is there too...?
(could be hard to fix as there's no save point just next to it either...Sad)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

_____
Intel Core i7-5820K/16GB DDR4/GeForce RTX 2070 Super/MSI X99A Gaming 7 motherboard
...some of my PS2 games videos...
Try changing the advanced settings?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Well, the full 'clamp modes' are needed for the game to be stable, so I won't change that...

Anyway, for those who may encounter the same problem, I found a way after some tries : you have to move the crate far from the wall... it seems to be related to its position from it...
_____
Intel Core i7-5820K/16GB DDR4/GeForce RTX 2070 Super/MSI X99A Gaming 7 motherboard
...some of my PS2 games videos...
can someone give me save for the "boss fight/last level" of the game?
both NTSC and PAL version,thx
can someone give me save for the "boss fight/last level" of the game?
both NTSC and PAL version,thx