..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Wild Arms 5 control issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having an issue with Wild Arms 5.

Controls seem fine initially, but once I actually get in game, I can't move. I can jump, and if I go into the menu, up, down, left & right work normally. But the character himself won't move.

Posting this here as opposed to bug reports since it seems only changing the input plugin makes any difference - if I use ssspsx as opposed then I can get the character to move left & right but not up & down, which is rather humorous but not much help. As with lilypad menus work fine, up and down work there. I would post in the lilypad thread but then I came across these older threads:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Wild-Arms...recognized?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Wild-Arm-...recognized?

Which seem to suggest the sound plugin is the culprit. I've tried changing that to no avail - although I couldn't test the version suggested, peops, as it appears to no longer be compatible with pcsx2 as the version I found on pete's site doesn't show up as an option - not surprising as it's rather old.(I understand there's a 1.9 version which I haven't been able to find).

Since there are no newer threads I'm wondering if it's since been fixed and I'm just doing something rather stupid somewhere along the line...

My settings:

Gamewise, I've got the American deluxe version with the art booklet, number on the side is SLUS 21615.

Tried pcsx build 4972 initially, have since tried 5029 and all video modes - gsdx10hw/sw/zerogs with no change. No hacks used.

PCSX2 output on disc load:

(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_216.15;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_216.15;1) Game CRC = 0xC1640D2C, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_216.15;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC

System:
Win7SP1
E8400 C2D @ 3.8ghz
Radeon 4850

Any help appreciated Smile
Posting your Lilypad configuration and keys assignment would help. Also post your PCSX2 version and plugin versions
Cheers for answering.

I've since been able to get it to work - looks like the problem was that I was using one of the old dualshock ps2 pads (with the analog switcher button) via a venom usb converter. I found out how to get a PS3 controller working on win7 and gave that a whirl, and it worked first time. Bit odd I've never came across this problem before now, but I guess most games are more forgiving on how dpad & analogue are divided up.

Ironic thing is that I started using the dualshock pad after Kingdom Hearts didn't like how my wingman pad was handling analogue a few years ago Laugh
(12-29-2011, 11:19 PM)fear Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for answering.

I've since been able to get it to work - looks like the problem was that I was using one of the old dualshock ps2 pads (with the analog switcher button) via a venom usb converter.  I found out how to get a PS3 controller working on win7 and gave that a whirl, and it worked first time.  Bit odd I've never came across this problem before now, but I guess most games are more forgiving on how dpad & analogue are divided up.

Ironic thing is that I started using the dualshock pad after Kingdom Hearts didn't like how my wingman pad was handling analogue a few years ago Laugh

Hi !!!
I'm actually experiencing the same problem. Can I ask how you managed to fix this problem? I dont have a PS3 or PS2 controller. Can you help me get it run on keyboard? I'm currently using the latest pcsx2 1.4 version. I can jump and go to the menu and scroll around options. but i cant get my character to move forward.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.