Fixing unplayable games
(05-11-2020, 08:28 AM)prafull Wrote: Yeah I saw that. Irrespective of those findings I have been testing the HW mode and managed to fix it 90%. There is still bit of garbage on screen when a scene quickly changes. I am trying to find a fix for that. If I am unable to find a fix I will post the plugin in 90% fixed state itself.

(05-11-2020, 05:38 PM)prafull Wrote: Primal Guide.

(Q1) How to fix slow and choppy gameplay?
(A1) Download pnach files attached with this post and put them in your cheats folder. As of now we have pnach files for NTSC, European & Russian Version of the game.

(Q2) My Game shows blackscreen in Gsdx HW mode. How to fix?
(A2) Download Gsdx files attached with this post and put them in your plugins folder.

(Q3) My Game shows black colored SPS (Spikey Polygons Syndrome) ingame both in SW & HW mode. How to fix?
(A3) Use VU round mode “Nearest” in your Advanced Recompiler options.

(Q4) Gsdx HW mode still shows garbage occasionally. Any fix possible for this?
(A4) Yes, You will need a trick for this. First start a new game. As soon as you gain control of character, make a savestate. Now load this savestate. Press start and quit the game using ingame menu. Now if you start a new game or use load game option you will not get garbage in HW mode.

(Q5) Game still runs a little slow on higher resolutions. What to do?
(A5) Enable speedhacks. For slow machines you can also enable +1 EE Cycle skipping. Higher skipping may be problematic.

If you have other problems feel free to ask in this thread.

Hey prafull, thank you so much for this information and the files needed to run this game properly. Finally I'm able to play my favorite PS2 game at 1440p and it's a dream come true.

However, I noticed that trying to use a custom shader (specifically to remove the bloom effect from the game (it looks amazing when it's disabled!) corrupts the aspect ratio, adding a second screen effect, one with the disabled bloom, and one without, very strange. I'm wondering if there is any workaround for this? including a picture below, hopefully Imgur is fine?

https://i.imgur.com/fATYTeS.png

Sponsored links

@rizz768

For Primal US Version RazielZnot has released a patch on github which fixes HW renderer on any version of the gsdx plugin. You can add these lines to your patch file and then try loading your custom shader.

Code:
//for US version of the game
patch=1,EE,003C67E8,word,00051842
patch=1,EE,003C67F0,word,AC450014
patch=1,EE,003C67F4,word,AC430008
patch=1,EE,003C67FC,word,AC430010
prafull, are you sure? Just tested v1.7.0-dev-46-g2fed81322 (which seem to include RazielZnot's fixes) - the performance is good but stiil black screen in HW mode.
This is different fix, not included into 1.7.0 afaik.
@prafull so what exactly to I need for Primal
The pnach you posted few pages back or this code from RazielZnot or both?
kozarovv, Even though I didn't understand how to download RazielZnot's on Github, added those lines to the prafull's pnach. Seems to work so far.
(05-23-2020, 02:39 PM)vsub Wrote: @prafull so what exactly to I need for Primal
The pnach you posted few pages back or this code from RazielZnot or both?

This will not be added to the GameDB due to not being a true fix (partial or full). However i added the GS patch from Raziel. Can someone test this if it works? Thanks
(Don't forget to replace the old one)

I'm still busy adding other patches to GameDB and then its a big dev build Smile

Attached Files
.pnach   FCD89DC3.pnach (Size: 1,31 KB / Downloads: 257)
(05-23-2020, 05:42 PM)RedDevilus Wrote: This will not be added to the GameDB due to not being a true fix (partial or full). However i added the GS patch from Raziel. Can someone test this if it works? Thanks
(Don't forget to replace the old one)

I'm still busy adding other patches to GameDB and then its a big dev build Smile

It's been long time ago since I played this game(I barely remember anything...even how to attack)
My PS2 is not here so I cannot say if there is something wrong

The game runs fine in ogl hw mode(can go even above 60fps)
I really hated the battle controls in this game so now I can play it with the controls I want

I just download the latest pcsx2 version,download this pnach and run the game with my usual settings(3x scaling and everything else on default(mtvu is enabled))
(05-23-2020, 11:03 AM)prafull Wrote: @rizz768

For Primal US Version RazielZnot has released a patch on github which fixes HW renderer on any version of the gsdx plugin. You can add these lines to your patch file and then try loading your custom shader.

Code:
//for US version of the game
patch=1,EE,003C67E8,word,00051842
patch=1,EE,003C67F0,word,AC450014
patch=1,EE,003C67F4,word,AC430008
patch=1,EE,003C67FC,word,AC430010

just tested it an yep no need for the custom gsdx files .. game runs really well in HW mode opengl or directx ... with directx running smoother on my pc at 3x res
Games I recently tested that still need to be worked on:

1)The Gateway - slow cutscenes
2)Headhunter - random slowdowns
3)LotR: the return of the king - menus work only in softmode.
4)Black - random stucks of the playable character or enemies (camera goes crazy if an enemy stucks).