GSdx 1.0
@tsunami2311

Are shadow broken in both native and upscaling or only upscaling? The game emulate a stencil buffer in the alpha channel of the target. It is just awful (i.e. slow) to emulate. Beside it doesn't work well with upscaling. Anyway, speed isn't important currently. First goal is to correct rendering.

@andutrache,
Enable shader logging and check if there is any compilation error message.
Quote:debug_glsl_shader = 1

Great news for dq8. If it works on D8, it might help others games that have issue with shadows.

Sponsored links

GSdx32-SSE2-depth16-3

Game: Onimusha 3
Issue: Overbright
All blend option tested.
Generally others are ok

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

GSdx32-SSE2-depth16-3

Game: Yakuza
Issue: Overbright
All blend option tested.
Generally others are ok

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Overbright improved when I turn on Alpha Hack.
but onimusha 3 only
Other games are broken.
Gran Turismo 4 error message
Radeon HD7750 6.14.10.13394 OGL Driver Win7 x64

Quote:Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 1:708: error(#427) implicit conversion, int and ivec4, extension GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 required.
ERROR: 1:708: error(#160) Cannot convert from: "4-component vector of ivec4" to: "highp int"
ERROR: error(#273) 2 compilation errors. No code generated

tfx.glsl (entry ps_main, prog 83) :
#define PS_FST 0
#define PS_WMS 2
#define PS_WMT 2
#define PS_FMT 0
#define PS_IFMT 0
#define PS_DFMT 0
#define PS_AEM 0
#define PS_TFX 0
#define PS_TCC 1
#define PS_ATST 1
#define PS_FOG 1
#define PS_CLR1 0
#define PS_FBA 0
#define PS_AOUT 0
#define PS_LTF 0
#define PS_COLCLIP 0
#define PS_DATE 3
#define PS_TCOFFSETHACK 0
#define PS_BLEND 0
#define PS_IIP 1
#define PS_SHUFFLE 0
#define PS_READ_BA 0
#define PS_FBMASK 0

Fragment shader(s) were not successfully compiled before glLinkProgram() was called. Link failed.
Thanks for the info. It is likely the root cause of various bug on AMD hardware. I will fix it after my pending work.

Edit: by the way, this missing shader is for accurate_date.
(06-27-2015, 10:58 AM)gregory Wrote: @tsunami2311

Are shadow broken in both native/software and upscaling or only upscaling? The game emulate a stencil buffer in the alpha channel of the target. It is just awful (i.e. slow) to emulate. Beside it doesn't work well with upscaling. Anyway, speed isn't important currently. First goal is to correct rendering.

@andutrache,
Enable shader logging and check if there is any compilation error message.

Great news for dq8. If it works on D8, it might help others games that have issue with shadows.

Shadows are broke in upscaling, in native/software they correct but even software/ native is crazy slow compared to it speed with crc on full and imo game look better with crc full , that stencil buffer problem is probably fixed/ bypass? with crc on full that lets the game run full speed. the only problem with the game with full is the ghosting image on the character when they run and the arrow on the region map which is sorta fix able to a point with TC offset y/x or Alpha hack which remove effects. I know gregory said the game is slow with out crc cause it still need to be debuged.
Yes CRC removes the emulation of the stencil buffer. The only fast way to implement it is to hack the game to use a real stencil and not the RT alpha channel. It is hard to implement and it only impact a limited number of games. It is a low priority for me.
(06-27-2015, 06:28 PM)gregory Wrote: Yes CRC removes the emulation of the stencil buffer. The only fast way to implement it is to hack the game to use a real stencil and not the RT alpha channel. It is hard to implement and it only impact a limited number of games. It is a low priority for me.

ok so not point in reporting more about vp2? long as we keep vp2 on the crc hack list = full option is needed. Xenosaga III too Crc=partial for full speed
Cause i notice both are no longer on the crc list of game to test.

And as reported FFX/XII dont need CRC anymore which was confirmed by one believe it was Bositman in this topic battle transition works few people the repoted it as not working should be able to fix it with texture_cache_depth=0. (Sidenote atlest in X dont start till after you mean Riku and start the under water part )not sure about X-2 though
(06-27-2015, 10:52 AM)24h Wrote: AMD GL 4.5 Driver
http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdo...27224b.cab

decompression atioglxx.dl_
get 24MB atioglxx.dll
put it in pcsx2 folder.

The link is incomplete, can you share it again? Thanks
i5 7600k, GTX 680, 16GB DDR4 3000
Manjaro [Hakoila] KDE Plasma