GSdx
(03-11-2010, 12:28 AM)MaxwellMontes Wrote: Is there anywhere I can download the newer GSdx versions from? I've searched everywhere, and I keep finding references to versions newer than the one present in the 30th December plugins pack, but nowhere to download these versions from.

Sure, http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-6830.html
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850

Sponsored links

hey is there a way to quit full screen when using direct x 9 ?
i cant seem to exit fullscreen even if i press escape.
im using hardware mode dx9 intel gma. speeds are faster in fullscreen.

even if i press ctrl alt delete
task manager wont come out
(03-16-2010, 08:50 AM)kurtskyTPC Wrote: hey is there a way to quit full screen when using direct x 9 ?

Hu... you should try alt+enter but I had this problem too with certain config.

Anyway, I had a question about the different GSdx versions. Which sould I use for my processor : SSE2/SSSE3/SSE4.1. I don't know anything about processor generations...
Intel core i5 - 3230M CPU @ 2,60GHz Windows 8.1
I'm a french speaker so sorry if my english seems (very) bad ^^
SSE4.1... google is you friend.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Disgaea PAL

1) I have a new computer and am using the 1888 beta and new March 2010 plugin package. Direct 3D 10 has underlined text artifacts. This is resolved via Software rendering (which my new processor can handle for this game). Will this rendering bug be fixed any time soon? The graphics are just tons sharper (presumably because of the Scaler).

2) Software rendering lets me assign 16 threads to the software rendering when my CPU can only handle 8 at any one time. (4 cores + HT).

3) It seems input lag is largely resolved when using Vsync? Or was it just a configuration change on my end that's causing the reduction?

4) sometimes starts emulation in fullscreen while other times it doesn't.

5) Does not set the displays refresh rate.

Core i7 920
ASUS P6T Mother Board
6 gig DDR3 1600 RAM
500g SATA2 HDD
X-FI Extreme Music
Nvidia Geforce 8800gt 512MB PCI-E
Windows 7 RTM x64
Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply
Thermaltake Armor+ MX case.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM
1) It's normal to have such small glitches when using higher resolutions than the native of the game, the game was intended to be run at a specific resolution after all. Try ticking the "native" option and see if it goes away, and if it does well there's your answer. It's not like it's so big a deal but I'm sure if the devs find a way to fix it properly it will be fixed in time. (You could try the offset hack if you add the "allowhacks=1" line in the GSdx.ini)

2) GSdx lets you specify the number of threads yourself, if you want to set 16 threads when your CPU can only do 8 total (which is wrong) or set only 1 thread for GSdx it's your call.

3) If anything Vsync would cause more lag since it stalls until it can do a full sync.

5) Direct3D9 and Direct3D10 handle full screen differently. The refresh rate only applies to Direct3D9 which also uses the resolution set for fullscreen use and you cant change between fullscreen and windowed with Alt+Enter like with Direct3D10, the Direct3D10 one uses your desktop's resolution and refresh rate for fullscreen and can switch between windowed and fullscreen with Alt+Enter.

4 is somewhat a configuration issue, it tries to remember what you were at (windowed/fullscreen) when you stopped emulation, however this can change in some ways, it also depends on the state of the "windowed" option when in Direct3D9. Take in count the new GUI of PCSX2 (0.9.7+) handles the fullscreen in a different way and since there's been no more work in the old GUI it may stay this way.
(03-18-2010, 07:13 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: 1) It's normal to have such small glitches when using higher resolutions than the native of the game, the game was intended to be run at a specific resolution after all. Try ticking the "native" option and see if it goes away, and if it does well there's your answer. It's not like it's so big a deal but I'm sure if the devs find a way to fix it properly it will be fixed in time. (You could try the offset hack if you add the "allowhacks=1" line in the GSdx.ini)
No other computer game or emulator for another system that I've used exhibits artifacts from scaling. Well, nothing except maybe stretching 4:3 to 16:9 or vice versa. I'll try your suggestion.

(03-18-2010, 07:13 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: 3) If anything Vsync would cause more lag since it stalls until it can do a full sync.
So that's still the case then, I'll live with it as it removes the horizontal ripple in the middle~ of the screen.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM
(03-20-2010, 03:56 AM)Franpa Wrote: No other computer game or emulator for another system that I've used exhibits artifacts from scaling. Well, nothing except maybe stretching 4:3 to 16:9 or vice versa. I'll try your suggestion.

PC games are different, they're designed to run at multiple quality settings and resolutions so they take this into account and it most likely wont happen, however in some games it does happen too in some r other way. Almost all emulators I know that aren't running on a software renderer do have this issue too :P

Quote:
(03-18-2010, 07:13 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: 3) If anything Vsync would cause more lag since it stalls until it can do a full sync.
So that's still the case then, I'll live with it as it removes the horizontal ripple in the middle~ of the screen.

In the new PCSX2 GUI you don't get tearing with the emulator as soon as you have Aero enabled, this method also doesn't cause the lag from Vsync, unfortunately there's no public release of the new GUI yet but you can build it yourself to try or get from google.

Alternatively from keeping Vsync on with the lag, you could get an app to force Triple buffering and it may reduce the lag from Vsync like D3DOverrider which comes with the Rivatuner app, and it might help you.
(03-20-2010, 05:55 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: In the new PCSX2 GUI you don't get tearing with the emulator as soon as you have Aero enabled, this method also doesn't cause the lag from Vsync, unfortunately there's no public release of the new GUI yet but you can build it yourself to try or get from google.

Alternatively from keeping Vsync on with the lag, you could get an app to force Triple buffering and it may reduce the lag from Vsync like D3DOverrider which comes with the Rivatuner app, and it might help you.
Every time I try Triple Buffering input lag is either introduced or more pronounced. I've yet to see a scenario in which it improves input lag.

Is there any specific revision I should compile to experiment with?
Computer specifications:
Not sure how many people know this.
Lowering the Max Frames Allowed / Max Frames to Render Ahead can generally improve input lag which is usually found in the Nvidia control panel & in various graphics card tweaking applications (I'm not sure what ATi calls it though).

I don't use Vsync any more in anything. Can't stand the massive lag & massive performance drops involved in it. But at least dropping that Max Frames Allowed helps a bit.
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.