GSdx
You really can't see any difference beyond 4x, it would be a waste of resources...but I guess if people want it (even for e-penis purposes or something Tongue) it should be easy to add.
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Sorta confused here. Haven't had any experience on Windows 7 or any x64 editions. I know PCSX2 & it's plugins doesn't support x64.

But umm. I'm upgrading to Windows 7 x64 soon (hopefully this weekend). Would I need "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable" for this to work? o.o
If I DO need to have the x64 2010 package, where abouts could I download it xD

...Or could I just use the x86 redistributables on the Windows 7 x64 install for GSdx to work ? >.< lol
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
You don't need vc++ 2010 redist at all, also as the app is x86 so you only need the vc++ 2008 x86 one which is linked to on the first post.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Hi Rama! What can you say about that issue:
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/de...%20Summary

Hardware mode is a "wontfix". What about Software?
Read what Gabest posted in that issue. This is essentially a "no one knows what's up" thing.
(03-05-2010, 08:47 AM)Bositman Wrote:
(03-05-2010, 06:38 AM)thenflux Wrote: is gabest gonna come back? or someone else replaced him?

No one knows. I don't think someone can replace him, his code is pretty much unreadable for most others Tongue

Gabest left? T_T

I haven't looked at his code, but I know of the guy and he is an open source god. (I recognized the name the moment I saw it)

he has done amazing work on media player classic, and a variety of video related tools; single handedly developing many advanced open source video programs. His shoes are really big shoes to fill. For the past 10 years many of the tools I have used came from him.
When he leaves a project it is a sad day, sometimes it takes years before a team assembles that can keep up with him.
Gabest is not just a talented programmer, he is an extremely prolific open source creator, creating a massive amount of code per day.

to see some of his previous work google gabest or guliverkli.
Of course, luckily the PCSX2 project is composed of a whole group of extremely talented open source masters. So I don't expect the project to collapse without gabest. But it is sad to see him go.
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!

Rig: Q9400, 4GB DDR2, eVGA GTX260 SC, gigabyte EP35-DS3R. X25-M 80GB G2.
Running Windows 7 x64 now.
Turns out I didn't even have to install any VC packages to run PCSX2 >.<

Oh and btw, about that scaler option.
My GTX280 runs very low on it's memory whilst using 4x Scaling. Had GPU-Z open on the Sensor page and the memory usage was over 1000MB!
I also noticed that my hard drive was accessing the page file a lot. So 1GB of Graphics RAM isn't even enough to run with 4x Internal Resolution on some games like Timesplitters FP!

This is what GPU-Z says on DirectX 10, 4x Internal Resolution, TimeSplitters Future Perfect: Breaking and Entering (start position). With the screwed 196.75 drivers on Windows 7 64bit xD
[Image: Nvidia%20GeForce%20GTX%20280%20Sensors.png]
(Classic Windows 2000 look ftw)

So I really don't see any need of adding more scaler options just yet to be honest..
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
There's huge differences in memory usage between different games.
Some favorable ones get away with 300MB vga ram, even at 4x scaling Wink

taltamir:
Gabest is known for suddenly returning after years of absence.
And I agree, he coded / started some great stuff. I also regularly use his tools.
Is there anywhere I can download the newer GSdx versions from? I've searched everywhere, and I keep finding references to versions newer than the one present in the 30th December plugins pack, but nowhere to download these versions from.
For MaxwellMontes,
you must compile it yourself.
The link to the svn is
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/
But you won't get support from it.
Games finished
Metal Saga
Rogue Galaxy
Atelier Iris 2 - The Azoth of Destiny
Atelier Iris 3 - The Grand Phantasm
Tales of the Abyss