GSdx
yeah it will take another year to complete the emulator (just expection nothing really)

and there isn't any thing impossible even emulating the monster PS3 or even Xbox 360

where is the dreams

Sponsored links

Sakurazaka Shouboutai [J]

Tested on GSdx 3068, is a regression or sort of it, this game crawls on D3D9 HW, it stutters between 2~4 fps but seems even less. ZeroGS runs at 25~45 fps, D3D9 SW runs at 15~20, and HW as mentioned.

The slowdown is already on r3003, but not present on r2330 which runs nearly at the same speed as on SW, I'll later fill an issue on google code if I find the exact revision that caused the crawl on HW, there should be plenty to look between those revisions but I don't have any ATM.

The regression is on all 3D scenes, even when there is no fire or no cam.

Attached Files
.7z   Sakurazaka Shouboutai [J] - GS dump 2.7z (Size: 2,3 MB / Downloads: 172)
@ shadow0000

Have you tried under dx10 ?,and as i see you will have to test with older revisions of gsdx,try the one that comes with the pcsx2 0.96
That's got to be the new 32bit depth method for dx9 + the game using depth stencils for shadows.
This isn't performance optimized yet, so it'll literally crawl.
DirectX10 mode will be fine, as it doesn't use that code.

Note that it may be impossible to get "nice" performance out of this, but I hope pseudonym gets it above 10fps again Tongue2
The gs dump runs at 23 fps on GSdx r2966, that revision should be the culprit unless I am missing a revision between that and r3003, I though I had it checked, that rev fixed many games on DX9 plenty of which I did not retest, Tori no Hoshi and Ys V are likely fixed now.

At some point I was wondering if the game used some sort of everpresent buffer or render to texture for the cam even when not present causing the slowdown on HW (got confused with BoF5 which was a different case).
Ugh, a one frame GS dump. Can't see what's going on in those ><
(Please always do GS dumps with ctrl+shift+F8)
(06-02-2010, 07:52 PM)abdulhkeem Wrote: yeah it will take another year to complete the emulator (just expection nothing really)

and there isn't any thing impossible even emulating the monster PS3 or even Xbox 360

where is the dreams

with the PS2 using non-standard math implementation, it might be actually easier to emulate an xbox360 (or it might be harder, who knows... not sure about emulating a cell processor though)
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!

Rig: Q9400, 4GB DDR2, eVGA GTX260 SC, gigabyte EP35-DS3R. X25-M 80GB G2.
Sorry, if it's the 32-bit depth change the speed regression will stay. It is not a matter of optimisation.
(06-03-2010, 09:00 AM)rama Wrote: Ugh, a one frame GS dump. Can't see what's going on in those ><
(Please always do GS dumps with ctrl+shift+F8)

I wasn't aware that was possible, I am guessing this means the issues with those dumps that didn't render in HW should be gone, gabest explained something about double buffering regarding the frame 0, that caused the dump to be only rendered properly on SW.

I changed the GS dump on the above post for a proper one.
Hey guys, I'm new to this emulation stuff. I'm curretnly using win 7, intel core 2 duo, everytime i tried to run FF XII the emulator crashes, what should i use? thanks