GSdx
(11-30-2017, 01:52 AM)tinpanalley Wrote: GS Dump in HW mode for MVP NCAA 07. Game looks fine but is extremely slow.
This is on the default OpenGL HW settings.
Snaps files here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Api-Y_uanSf-xKgoDG2gial7XPqEMQ

Switch to Direct3D. Amd drivers suck.

Sponsored links

(11-30-2017, 02:57 AM)lightningterror Wrote: Switch to Direct3D. Amd drivers suck.
Any extra settings? Should I be trying HW or SW?

EDIT: Software worked fine, Direct3D11. On hardware it played fine, but all the players were head to toe black or dark shades.
(11-30-2017, 03:44 AM)tinpanalley Wrote: Any extra settings? Should I be trying HW or SW?

EDIT: Software worked fine, Direct3D11. On hardware it played fine, but all the players were head to toe black or dark shades.

Looks like the game needs blending and 8bit texture conversion. You can enable Frame Buffer Conversion hack but this still leaves Blending which is only supported by OpenGL atm.
(11-30-2017, 07:40 AM)lightningterror Wrote: Looks like the game needs blending and 8bit texture conversion. You can enable Frame Buffer Conversion hack but this still leaves Blending which is only supported by OpenGL atm.
So essentially software is the only way to play. Correct?
Ye, tho I recommend Direct3D software, even that is faster from OpenGL software.
(12-01-2017, 12:45 AM)lightningterror Wrote: Ye, tho I recommend Direct3D software, even that is faster from OpenGL software.

Ok. Honestly though, since the PS2 is flawless, I think I'll just stick to the PS2. I was just hoping to get a sharper image that's all.
Thanks, though. Happy
ppsspp (psp emulator) uses hardware tesselleation in ogl & dx11+, is it possible in pcsx2?
(01-09-2018, 09:24 PM)X-O Wrote: ppsspp (psp emulator) uses hardware tesselleation in ogl & dx11+, is it possible in pcsx2?

definetely NO. the data provided by the system doesn't allow it. normals and polygon assembly stuff needed for this is, are entirely handled inside the vu. hence there's way to access this in gsdx. years ago i said it could be done putting together some normals using the rasterizer polygons, but i figured lately the ps2 doesn't even have backfaces (?) to identify a good face or vertex normal. so...
(01-09-2018, 09:24 PM)X-O Wrote: ppsspp (psp emulator) uses hardware tesselleation in ogl & dx11+, is it possible in pcsx2?

PPSSPP uses it for features the PSP had baked into the hardware. The PS2 isn't the same at all.
#StopRNG
Is Gabest still alive?