GSdx
(04-07-2011, 01:09 PM)taltamir Wrote: I am curious, what is the name of the disabled functions?

They are just post processing tricks the developer used to create a certain effect on the game, unfortunately there are certain things directx cannot do that the ps2 can.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(04-07-2011, 01:09 PM)taltamir Wrote: I am curious, what is the name of the disabled functions?

Ehr, not so much disabled functions but just skipping drawing the data that doesn't currently do well with the plugin and DirectX would just glitch with. Too big/small texture, wrong texture used, alpha blends in the GS, stuff like that which just glitches in addition to DirectX, not sure if there'll ever be a right fix for that but for now the easy way (or the only way? ionno) is to skip that data or get stuff like this instead:

Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Do you remember what version of Gsdx/Pcsx2 had post processing enabled? I remember playing DragonQuestVIII a few years back,i t had almost no visual problems and characters had shadows Smile But i think i deleted that version Sad
Do you remember which version had it?

@Thanks rama, im going to check it out Tongue
@rama Only works in Software Mode, which for me is 15-20fps
Got a feeling it was the old playground version that worked in hardware with shadows
V
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
omnikam: This particular game gets the shadows back by setting skipdraw to "1".
Thanks for all the help guys. Turns out that Mozilla refuses to open that link for whatever reason. Opened it in IE and it worked first time. Guess IE does some things right.
here is a question that i always wanted to ask
why Gsdx is more gpu power hungry than all games programs that have a gpu hunger
that is a good question i always wanted the answer for that

wouldnt the program run the games faster if it used more gpu power?
Because emulation always requires more than the system you're emulating.

Another thing to consider is the fact that unlike games designed for PCs, the system you're emulating you can't drop frames.

To be a bit more clear... if you're playing Crysis 2 and your graphics can't run a constant 60fps the game will drop frames. If your system can't run the game very well even if you're dropping a lot of frames you can turn the graphics quality down to make it easier for your system. When emulating console games, you can't do that. You have to maintain at least the minimum quality as it's done on the console. While it's true you can raise/lower resolution, you're doing that as enhancements to what's there, not lowering it beyond baseline PS2 levels.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(04-10-2011, 02:00 AM)Koji Wrote: Because emulation always requires more than the system you're emulating.

Another thing to consider is the fact that unlike games designed for P Cs, the system you're emulating you can't drop frames.

To be a bit more clear... if you're playing Crysis 2 and your graphics can't run a constant 60fps the game will drop frames. If your system can't run the game very well even if you're dropping a lot of frames you can turn the graphics quality down to make it easier for your system. When emulating console games, you can't do that. You have to maintain at least the minimum quality as it's done on the console. While it's true you can raise/lower resolution, you're doing that as enhancements to what's there, not lowering it beyond baseline PS2 levels.

here is a thing that i hate emulation requires more power than the thing emulated have like ps3 have 8 cores so i am going to wait for a 16 core cpu ( wow that is going to be huge on my motherboard ) and the emulator to become stable which is sucks
The PS3 doesn't have 8 cores. It's a single core processor with 8 (7 active) SPEs. That said, no home CPU will likely be able to emulate at speed it for a very long time.
[Image: 2748844.png]