GSdx
Your problem is probably slow GPU. You wrote it surely isn't an prformance issue and gaved an examples of topics where people had low end graphic cards O.o... low EE/GS% just confirms that. Higher fps in software doesn't really change that fact. Software rendering can be faster than hardware at times in some games that abuse DX in a ways GPU's aren't optimized for.

Sponsored links

(08-28-2011, 12:39 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Your problem is probably slow GPU. You wrote it surely isn't an prformance issue and gaved an examples of topics where people had low end graphic cards O.o... low EE/GS% just confirms that. Higher fps in software doesn't really change that fact. Software rendering can be faster than hardware at times in some games that abuse DX in a ways GPU's aren't optimized for.

A match starts out at 60 fps then suddenly drops to 5 fps after 15 seconds. Is this still low end gpu?

Q8300 @ 3.0GHz | Radeon HD 5770 | Windows 7 64-bit
(08-28-2011, 06:40 AM)NoVaX1000 Wrote: Well. I just had about a 6 Hour session of Spyro: A New Beginning (NTSC version). Everything worked fine.

Took about 80 screenshots, but here's just some of them. Just to show how it's looking for me, and for future reference.

Btw, why do you have a PAL version, and a NTSC version. You have a NTSC PS2 as well as a PAL PS2? Sounds like piracy to me.
Now I understand why I have not run Legend of Spyro: TNB (lost sight region.)
Game launched on the emulator friend.

If it is possible to add support for Legend of spyro: Eternal Night with CRC written by me in post # 3085. I would be very grateful.

(08-28-2011, 01:23 PM)XS Butter Wrote: A match starts out at 60 fps then suddenly drops to 5 fps after 15 seconds. Is this still low end gpu?

If it drops with time while nothing changes in the screen then it can be lots of things, for example if you pause the game and nothing moves in the screen but fps will drop after a while it could be as much as GSdx bug as hardware/driver fail, but if it drops couse on the screen something previously not visible shows up like some object, effect, then it's clearly GPU giving it's all which isn't enough for that thing.
Good example of such are big machines in Xenosaga I, this game graphic looks like crap and it isn't demanding at all, yet whenever bigger model shows up in the screen, hardware mode turns into a square wheel going X times slower while software mode stays fast.
Also "when the match starts" - like you say, well I guess nothing moves much then or some slowing down element isn't shown yet;P, but in actual gameplay everything moves, it just require more power to draw it all at once. So yeah most likely it's slow GPU, through there are probably games that possibly require more than fastest available;P soo it isn't neccessary only true for "low end" GPU's. You could try experimenting with skipdraw hack, if it's just some effect, turning it off could potentially speed the game, well there's always a possibility the slowing elements are character/player models and turning it off would be as good as turning off the game;P, but maybe it's worth to try.
(08-28-2011, 03:32 PM)miseru99 Wrote: If it drops with time while nothing changes in the screen then it can be lots of things, for example if you pause the game and nothing moves in the screen but fps will drop after a while it could be as much as GSdx bug as hardware/driver fail, but if it drops couse on the screen something previously not visible shows up like some object, effect, then it's clearly GPU giving it's all which isn't enough for that thing.
Good example of such are big machines in Xenosaga I, this game graphic looks like crap and it isn't demanding at all, yet whenever bigger model shows up in the screen, hardware mode turns into a square wheel going X times slower while software mode stays fast.
Also "when the match starts" - like you say, well I guess nothing moves much then or some slowing down element isn't shown yet;P, but in actual gameplay everything moves, it just require more power to draw it all at once. So yeah most likely it's slow GPU, through there are probably games that possibly require more than fastest available;P soo it isn't neccessary only true for "low end" GPU's. You could try experimenting with skipdraw hack, if it's just some effect, turning it off could potentially speed the game, well there's always a possibility the slowing elements are character/player models and turning it off would be as good as turning off the game;P, but maybe it's worth to try.

well i guess it is low end gpu since i get 19 fps when i set internal res to 256*256. I would set it lower but pcsx2 crashes if i go any lower Tongue. So i guess im gonna stop complaining and just buy me a new GPU. Anyways thanks for your help miseru99 and sorry if i was a pain in the butt

Q8300 @ 3.0GHz | Radeon HD 5770 | Windows 7 64-bit
Hi Gabest~

I read an old thread in here about having Stereoscopic 3D in PCSX2.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-in-stereoscopic-3D

That's remind me back in the time of PSEmu Pro there were wired 3D glasses (ELSA 3D Revelator) works with CRT monitor. After chatted with Pete a few times in IRC, he sent me a modified GPU plugin that only add z-depth info to the dated version. That immediate enabled the 3D stereoscopic in PSEmu Pro. I am not sure if this is the same with PCSX2 but may be this is worth for reference. It is my dream to replay many PS2 classical games in 3D. I have iZ3D working with a passive 3DTV to play PC games and Dolphin by now (MGS Twin Snakes is amazing with 3D!!). But there is nothing superb than playing MGS2/MGS3/FF series/KingdomHeart in 3D. Too bad that historical http://guliverkli.sourceforge.net/GSdx10v1.zip doesn't work with any of these games anymore. Would you consider to add iZ3D support in your future version? (I think NVIDIA 3D Vision is too expensive and not flexible than iZ3D which allow many output formats).

Thanks a lot!
will this be the end of the explore?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Does-pcsx...3#pid95393

but I heard that PSX1 also has this limitation but I swear I did played PSEmu in 3D!! Soul Calibur in 3D was so fun!!
to Shadow Lady
Thank you! Everything works fine.
Hi!
I'm having two problems with Digital Devil Saga 1. The shadow problem and the see through geometry. I have them randomly!
Sometimes i start pcsx2 and i have one bug, sometimes i have the other. I read a thread where Shadow Lady talks about a patch, but i cannot understand anything! She also says to ask for that patch here in this thread.

Can someone compile GSdx with that patch for me?

Digital Devil Saga only has the shadows bug (minor) these days. The see-through floor bug is fixed with a CRC hack built in GSdx, so I guess you either have some kind of unknown version of the game or some pirated copy that has a different CRC. Here are the ones currently in GSdx:
D7273511 (US), 1683A6BE (EU), 44865CE1 (JAP)
[Image: newsig.jpg]