GSdx
Or he could simply be running an outdated version... in which case, he just needs to update pcsx2 to 0.9.8 or one of the SVN releases.

Sponsored links

(08-30-2011, 11:20 PM)Bositman Wrote: Digital Devil Saga only has the shadows bug (minor) these days. The see-through floor bug is fixed with a CRC hack built in GSdx, so I guess you either have some kind of unknown version of the game or some pirated copy that has a different CRC. Here are the ones currently in GSdx:
D7273511 (US), 1683A6BE (EU), 44865CE1 (JAP)

No, its not pirated. I have the D7273511 (US) version.
I have the r4857 version. The problem is random, sometimes i start pcsx2 and i have the shadow bug, but most of the time i have the see thru bug.

(08-27-2011, 05:37 AM)Linear Wrote: GF GTX285 - was a high-end card of 200 series, GTX 460, 560 or any other x60 is a middle end segment. So if you want to obtain full graphic power - high-end segment is your target. - cards like GTX580...

oh, thank you. if i changed into GTX580. is my cpu alright with it? why some says it will be laggy?
and your CPU is ?
(08-31-2011, 04:55 AM)sky009 Wrote: oh, thank you. if i changed into GTX580. is my cpu alright with it? why some says it will be laggy?

athlon II X2 @2.7 right? yeah well. it's still a tad slow for pcsx2. the graphics card would allow a good massive resolution but the cpu wouldn't really keep up delivering the stuff that is computed on the cpu. for pcsx2 this it. you need a better cpu.

dunno about pc games with that setup. depends what graphics whores the games are and if there's lot of physics or ai or other evil cpu heavy tasks.
you got a 500dollar gpu and a 100 (?)dollar cpu.... thats a bad configuration there.... the card cant even be used more than 50-70% in pc games etc... you should upgrade your cpu to an i72500k for example
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(08-31-2011, 05:25 AM)xstyla Wrote: athlon II X2 @2.7 right? yeah well. it's still a tad slow for pcsx2. the graphics card would allow a good massive resolution but the cpu wouldn't really keep up delivering the stuff that is computed on the cpu. for pcsx2 this it. you need a better cpu.

dunno about pc games with that setup. depends what graphics whores the games are and if there's lot of physics or ai or other evil cpu heavy tasks.

for GPUs like GTX 580/590 or HD6990/6970 you need something have a good architecture like Sandy Bridge with a decent clock

otherwise your CPU will bottleneck your GPU

that means ( literally ) if the processes is to empty a bottle from water as fast as possible now the body bottle is your GPU and the head of the bottle is your CPU the processes is running slow because of your CPU it doesn't matter how large is the body ( how strong is the GPU ) it how large is the head of the bottle ( how strong is your CPU ) Smile

(08-31-2011, 05:29 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: you got a 500dollar gpu and a 100 (?)dollar cpu.... thats a bad configuration there.... the card cant even be used more than 50-70% in pc games etc... you should upgrade your cpu to an i72500k for example

i7 2600K not 2500 Wink
I do hate that water trick. good dx11 games could buffer all kind of static shader resources on the graphics card. there's not much to do than a lil animation shader setup, poop physics, dumb ai, heavy sound mixing and causing the northbridge to dma some driver commands to soak up the buffers and route all the sh!t thru the pipelines of the graphics card straight to the HD display. in an optimized case I think that would be possible.

btw. have you ever heard about raymarching? that's painting alota procedural stuff just by using two polygons and some massive graphics card calculation. that way the bottleneck is the developers and speed of the graphics card.
(08-25-2011, 12:29 AM)refraction Wrote: 6x is about 3072x2688, so yes, a little excessive ;p

cant imagine the memory usage is very friendly!

I am guessing most people don't get this. How about including actual figures?
As in, show up in the drop down menu as "6x Native (3072x2688)"
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!

Rig: Q9400, 4GB DDR2, eVGA GTX260 SC, gigabyte EP35-DS3R. X25-M 80GB G2.
I think everyone learn such lvl of math in like first year of primary school, if somebody can't "get this" I think it would need more than just showing number automatically for him to understand what it means.;P