GSdx
(09-26-2011, 11:00 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: there is no such bug. the flaw is hardware that has voltages to low for the clock domain switching mechanism (falls back on subvendors releasing bios updates)

Are you saying the issue is the voltage on the actual gpu? I havnt modified it in anyway though. however it is overclocked from factory.

Sponsored links

Yes, most vendors failed to adjust the base minimum of the VID up slightly for preoverclocked models.

Only ASUS so far has adjusted the minimum from 0.985 to 1.0, this small change might not seem like much to you, but when negotiating a voltage from the VID it improves stability by a large margin.

This is the first driver to pressure the GPU while only doing windows tasks, but it was previously reproducible in heavy D3D10 and 11 titles and in both instances the TDR's are resolved with a slight increase to the 3D voltage

if all vendors released updates to make the VIDMIN 1.0v, it would probably mean alot more gfx cards negotiating 1.025-1.032v which is the sweetspot for overclocked models. (out of a max of 1.065)
Looks like ill have to return this GPU, more research has shown that its a common issue.

bright side is that i underclocked it to 800mHz and it seems to be stable now. no artifacts at all.
Try to find a bios update for your card, heatl0rd.
That's better than sending the card around the globe, so someone else puts a bios update on it Wink
if none exist, i know how to use nibitor to increase the min vid on fermi bios's.
(09-26-2011, 06:35 PM)rama Wrote: Try to find a bios update for your card, heatl0rd.
That's better than sending the card around the globe, so someone else puts a bios update on it Wink

gigabytes website shows a number of Bios updates but it isnt very clear which one i need.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...=3707#bios

on hold with gigabyte as we speak
I just found out GDSX has FXAA built in to it my question is, Is it like FXAA 2x cause it not very effective imo. Better yet cause I use Nvidia panel to for AA DX9/10/11 yet?
no you cannot use nvcp for AA.

its FXAA 3.x last i heard
i think he means like MSAA x2 style numbering Tongue

tsunami: FXAA is supposed to be equivilant to MSAA x4
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-01-2011, 02:58 PM)refraction Wrote: i think he means like MSAA x2 style numbering Tongue

tsunami: FXAA is supposed to be equivalent to MSAA x4

it dont look like the equivalent of MSAAx4 and the screen shoots of people using FXAA in native res games looked really smooth, native res with FXAA in gsdx not even close to being as smooth. granted the screenshots were of ps1 game i think. but I would think the FXAA smooth would work the same.

Is there point where the GSDX will have user control of FXAA?