GSdx
Forgot to post these earlier (was busy)

Two screenshot comparisons of Dolphin's 1x (Linear/point), and 16x (Anisotropic) Filtering comparisons. As a reference comparison to my implementation.

Linear/Point(1x)

Anisotropic(16x)

As you can see - the results are more or less identical to mine from PCSX2 with AF enabled.

-----

Quoting the AF post - as we've gone onto a new page.

(01-18-2014, 10:49 PM)Asmodean Wrote: Finished the AF. Link to test build, Plus patch & source below;

Final updated test build & a few screens here

Patch & Source: GSdx_AnisotropicFiltering.zip

I also added the post processing init functions to dx9. To see if it sorts the vs 2010 bs, for the time being.

Sponsored links

Yep, looks the same.

Off topic but what game is that in the screenshots?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
The game is Arc Rise Fantasia ^.^

Haven't played through it yet, looks good though. Fantastic art style/character design. Terrible voice acting though lol.
Yeah the art style is what caught my eye.

Thanks!
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Good work Asmodean. Just in time for PCSX2 2.0 I heard
Updated the anisotropic filtering patch above. Just tidied up some stuff. Tested it as much as I could. All tests are good.
Do any of the guys have the location in code where you're getting the game's CRC from the ELF? It may be total nonsense, but I've been thinking of maybe trying to get each games' reported native res, directly from the game's ELF (possibly in a similar fashion to getting the CRC).

Then have the scaling value based off of that. Instead of using hardcoded initial values to base the scaling off of. I dunno yet, but it could result in more accurate upscaling(?)

Edit: made a new post, because it's unrelated to the last one.
nice idea, but it's really halfway of total nonsense. the games don't report the native resolution. atleast not thru elf check. it's read whenever the gs is graphics mode switched internally. and that _rcpframe in your shader is initialised somewhere. go search for that and add the input and output resolutions as shader variables.
Already tried using _rcpFrame. Resulted in a black screen, thanks though. Btw, I didn't mean directly just 'grab' the resolution values from the ELF in it's format eg: 512, 480. The frame values reported on the GSdx top window for each game, aren't exactly accurate iirc, but they could possibly be better than just putting hardcoded values in, for most games of base their scaling on(?)

I'm only experimenting with stuff here btw, not remotely stating "X way would be better than Y way, etc"
I remember talking with rama and it's that they could read the X dimension value but not the Y dimension value, I believe.

Here we go:

rama Wrote:It can do any resolution requested, even really strange ones (within the limits of the technology, video bandwith and all).

The problem is that we only know the x resolution for sure. The GS does not "know" what the y resolution is, it simply processes
the pixels as long as they keep coming.
This might not be 100% accurate but it's as good as I remember it