GSdx
There are loads of comparison screens on previous pages past. a few of them are here, and here. They are from the previous AF build, but the idea is the same.

I think some people may need to have a read of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_filtering

Sponsored links

Okay, I see Tongue Details are seen in the distance instead of becoming blurred. No AF is basically DoF or blurred vision when looking in the far distance like in real life. Both look good, especially in those FFXII pics xD
Decisions, decisions lol.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(02-03-2014, 08:20 AM)shinra358 Wrote: Looks good Smile
If you want to make more room for the shader section, someone could do something like this:

[Image: ybda.png]

For even more room, shade boost can go in that section as well. Either that and/or the Aniso Filtering can go in that section too. Same with MSAA in the hacks section. Therefore making more room at the start of gdsx and in the hack section Wink

I like this idea, Though I Would keep FXAA on the main page and the the external Shader on the setting seeing FXAA and the external shader are separate
Fixed a stupid mistake that I made with the AF commit, where you were only getting a maximum of x4 anisotropy. just added it to SVN, so it will take a few mins to be compiled etc by the buildbot.
(02-03-2014, 08:43 PM)shinra358 Wrote: Okay, and lastly, can you post comparison picks from an in-game screenshot? I'm having trouble seeing the difference between a normal display and an AF display. I tried myself with my own screenshots but it's still too hard to tell. I need to know what I should be paying attention to and how high I should leave the setting.

Anisotropic Filtering comparison picks from Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2.

I see that 'allow 8 bit textures' gets rid of transparency issues with text in some games so I guess I'll be leaving that on. MSAA looks very good but causes shadow problems in some games...DOH!

Would MSAA (or CSAA) be any different if it was in the shader fx instead?
(02-04-2014, 06:51 AM)shinra358 Wrote: I see that 'allow 8 bit textures' gets rid of transparency issues with text in some games so I guess I'll be leaving that on. MSAA looks very good but causes shadow problems in some games...DOH!

Would MSAA (or CSAA) be any different if it was in the shader fx instead?

MSAA has always cause graphically glithchs that is why FXAA/shaders are use more. for same reason MSAA/CSAA can cause glitches with pc games.
MSAA/CSAA doesnt always play nice with game engines.

pretty sure MSAA/CSAA cant be done by shaderfx. somthing simalar maybe but actual MSAA/CSAA very doubt full
Yes. MS/CSAA are hardware antialiasing types. they cannot be done with post processing. this is also why they have hw related glitches, while fxaa doesn't.
well it seems like there's been an overlooked issue with the UI of PCSX2 (a minor one though): people who use Windows with bigger fonts for their toolbars or menus will have missing GSDX options. see snapshot in the attachment for reference. well, it'd be nice if everyone could enjoy the program regardless of their eyesight. it is a rare case though, admittedly. I thought I'd mention it anyway Tongue

Intel Core i5 2500k 3.4 > 4.5 GHz 1.26v Biggrin
Thermaltake SpinQ VT
Nvidia GTX 560 (OC 950/1200), 1GB GDDR5, (MSI N560GTX).
Biostar TP67XE
8 GB Zepplin RAM, @1600. 11-11-11-30 Glare
FSP Saga II 500W
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
(02-04-2014, 10:50 PM)Asmodean Wrote: Yes. MS/CSAA are hardware antialiasing types. they cannot be done with post processing. this is also why they have hw related glitches, while fxaa doesn't.

I just realized that turning both fxaa options on gives the same quality as msaa x4 or higher xD

(02-04-2014, 11:30 PM)Apathy compleX Wrote: well it seems like there's been an overlooked issue with the UI of PCSX2 (a minor one though): people who use Windows with bigger fonts for their toolbars or menus will have missing GSDX options. see snapshot in the attachment for reference. well, it'd be nice if everyone could enjoy the program regardless of their eyesight. it is a rare case though, admittedly. I thought I'd mention it anyway Tongue

I don't get this on mine. I do remember getting it on the other graphics plugin for epsxe that uses GTK though. Never figured out why it had happened.