GSdx
(11-08-2014, 05:29 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: No, no scaling. Adding scaling would make it have the same issues as hardware mode already does. It will have the same features as software mode mostly. The idea is just for a faster version of software mode that uses GPU power instead of CPU power. For people who have stronger GPU and weaker CPU.

most people don't use sw mode because of it's poor graphic's, upscaling in sw mode could be provided useful though Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

(11-08-2014, 12:35 PM)s.sakash Wrote: most people don't use sw mode because of it's poor graphic's, upscaling in sw mode could be provided useful though Smile

The other issue with software mode is that it can kill performance, even on high-end CPUs.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
(11-08-2014, 05:29 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: No, no scaling. Adding scaling would make it have the same issues as hardware mode already does. It will have the same features as software mode mostly. The idea is just for a faster version of software mode that uses GPU power instead of CPU power. For people who have stronger GPU and weaker CPU.

Isn't it the whole point of software rendering that it's done by the CPU simply because it's a hell of a lot more accurate than the GPU in anything it does?

What you describe is pretty much what hardware rendering is, minus the scaling feature.
Yes, that's mostly right Coornio. But open CL (as you may or may not know) is a framework for doing general purpose computing on the GPU. So while, it's still running on the GPU via OCL, it can take advantage of more accurate ways of doing stuff. Anyway, I'm not 100% sure if that's his goal or not, but I believe it is based on what I've picked up reading on his GIT page for it.

Meanwhile:
[Image: ocl.png]
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
On the topic of scaling some games are pretty blurry even at 6x resolution. I'm not sure if this is fixable but yeah. I remember the Bouncer was one, and maybe Fatal Frame 1 and some others
I think that's probably because some games have their effect processing coded to output at a fixed resolution. Probably for performance reasons at the time, and had them fixed at a lower res than the game output at natively. So they're not scaled with the game when you increase the res. Leaving them blurry looking.

On the other side of the coin. Games that do have their processing metrics tied to the framebuffer can look odd when upscaled too much. Sometimes leaving them 'bare' looking, or having the effects not output as intended.
(11-18-2014, 08:55 AM)synce Wrote: On the topic of scaling some games are pretty blurry even at 6x resolution. I'm not sure if this is fixable but yeah. I remember the Bouncer was one, and maybe Fatal Frame 1 and some others

Sometimes, you can disable blurry post-process using .pnach codes.
This has been done for Fatal Frame 1 - 3 already, and Psychonauts.

Before:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=51330

After:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=51331

It's a great alternative and is included in the widescreen patches by default.
If you can find out how to disable blurry post-process for other games, they can be added in the patches too.
Might be worth making a list of blurry games.
Thanks for the explanation. Also great to hear the effect can be removed with pnaches. I think Tekken 5 might've also had this problem but it's been a long while since I played.

Do you know who patched out Fatal Frame's blur? I'd like to know if there's anything specific I should look for
(11-19-2014, 12:45 AM)synce Wrote: Thanks for the explanation. Also great to hear the effect can be removed with pnaches. I think Tekken 5 might've also had this problem but it's been a long while since I played.

Do you know who patched out Fatal Frame's blur? I'd like to know if there's anything specific I should look for

I patched Fatal Frame 1. It was a simple float 1 to 0 value in the 2xxxxxx range, just like widescreen.

Nemesis did it for Fatal Frame 2 and 3.
How about just a pnach to adjust the position of sky bloom for SoTC without it interferring with any other effect so we don't have to disable the effect. Is that possible?
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb