GSdx
(12-30-2009, 03:06 AM)elite Wrote:
(12-28-2009, 02:16 AM)rama Wrote: Note:
Did some cleanup here, as I'd like to keep this thread a resource of information,
rather than constant ask and reply exchanges on the topic of "where is gabest", or "can someone send me a build".

I think Gsdx thread should be divided into more sections, maybe Dx9, Dx10, SW, HW-native, HW-upscaled., per-version or per-game-thread. Or just pure technical stuff and keep games support in their specific threads. You see, even after cleanup its more than 200 pages. There may be lot of useful info but who want to scroll them? Thats why I usually avoid this thread and rather look for specific game threads only.

I search this thread for information. To find clues or references that ultimately lead to bugfixes.

Sponsored links

Ninja I'm unlucky!. I'm testing the latest GSdx 2404 vs. 1873, all versions in "software" mode, DX9 and DX10 in SSE2, SSE4.1 and SSSE3 (I have PAL games, and the flickering in some, like DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3, did I never try Hardware mode), and I arrived to the next conclusion, using a i7 920 with 6 active threads, the "old" plugin (version 1873) is "a lot" faster than the new (version 2404), of course, in "software" mode. Blink

But this is very strange, is the first time that happens to me, maybe is because I'm continue to using the latest official PCSX2 beta.r1888?. Blush
There is an odd threading problem in GSdx yet. Try to restart emulation a few times. Chances are the speed goes up again.
(01-04-2010, 05:29 PM)rama Wrote: There is an odd threading problem in GSdx yet. Try to restart emulation a few times. Chances are the speed goes up again.

I try what you say with the plugin GSdx 2404 and the game "DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3", (Speed Hacks in the emulator "on" and "off") and unfortunately I will be unable to appreciate a speed increase in "software mode". Sad

The only solution for me, "for now", is to continue using GSdx 1873. Mellow

Well, I put my specs: (there is no overclocking in my card/processor)

i7 920 2'66 Gig
4 Gigs RAM (Dual)
Geforce 9800 GTX+ 1024 RAM (Drivers: 191.07)
X-Fi Titanium
Asus P6T Deluxe
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 (32-Bit)
Metal Gear Solid 3 subsistance
Please, take a look at this glitch.
The water looks terrible.
The interesting thing is it looks ok on left part of the screen (1/3 of it).
And no matter how i rotate camera it will always be that way! (1/3 of the screen will be ok)

in software mode the water is perfect.

zeroGL - all screen is green(ish) like that.

gsdx 2404 and 1873 tested. native resolution

other than that picture is good.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
(01-09-2010, 06:42 PM)tohdom Wrote: Metal Gear Solid 3 subsistance
Please, take a look at this glitch.
The water looks terrible.
The interesting thing is it looks ok on left part of the screen (1/3 of it).
And no matter how i rotate camera it will always be that way! (1/3 of the screen will be ok)

in software mode the water is perfect.

zeroGL - all screen is green(ish) like that.

gsdx 2404 and 1873 tested. native resolution

other than that picture is good.

Yeah I remember that. It was I think only in that area when it happened and I believe nowhere else. I finished that game on pcsx2 not so long ago. If you plan to complete game on pcsx2, don't worry for later.
E7400 @ 3.6Ghz 1.33v, GTX-260 192SP 650/1400/1100/1.05v, 4Gb RAM, Windows Server 2008 x64
there was also the major visual glitch during the explanation about how they gonna accelerate the rockets using the runway.
But i dont think i missed much.

and there is water in sewers and waterfall and i've heard in the near end
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64

.7z   Mcd001.7z (Size: 233,97 KB / Downloads: 356)
[Image: 19886010.jpg]

I found interesting bug in gsdx 1873 that comes with r1888. Onimusha 3: demon siege [ntsc], if using blend bff interlacing(to avoid shaking) then at this location game crash when you try to open door with key in inventory. I added save, from that location just go north towards screen and after path you reach that door. Therefore, in other games it may be good idea to off this option to see if it helps. I wouldn't expect this to crash emu so you see...

EDIT: there will be later in sewers door with numerical lock, these digits are not shown in HW mode only SW.

EDIT2: bit later in sewers after lowering second bridge, game crashed when used 1600x1200 internal res. When "native" or 1024x1024, game passed that point ok. Must be gsdx bug as my gtx-260 should have enough mem.
E7400 @ 3.6Ghz 1.33v, GTX-260 192SP 650/1400/1100/1.05v, 4Gb RAM, Windows Server 2008 x64
well IM having fps drops on wild arms 3 before every battle starts
here's a screenshot

is this a gsdx thing cuz this also happens on wild arms alter code f too although
it happens right after a battle where it shows you what info on what EXP you got and items ETC it just annoying in wild arms 3 becuz each time a battle command appears it slow down to 24-25 fps and then rise back up to 60 when they are moving and then goes back to 24 when the battle command options appears unlike alter code f I can live with it cuz u could just skip the spoils and exp check with x button

im using legacy r1888,legacy r2186 and r2410
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]
(01-14-2010, 01:39 PM)anito9999 Wrote: well IM having fps drops on wild arms 3 before every battle starts
here's a screenshot

is this a gsdx thing cuz this also happens on wild arms alter code f too although

99% cpu usage in GSdx, looks like your card is just not fast enough... besides of ticking the "native" checkbox and disabling/enabling "allow 8-bit textures" there might not be much more you can do...

Actually maybe using a (software) renderer instead of hardware one might help more there (if you're using software already try hardware).

(01-14-2010, 04:58 PM)luc2010 Wrote: Whats up with FF X graphics. For the most part everything is fine except for the characters hair on pretty much everybody. Sometimes looks like its missing something and then different colors on parts of they're head. Like the glitches coming out from the back on Kimarhi at the beginning. FF-X2 has the same issue. Yunas squirt looks like a Z issue. Technically what is going on that causes this issue? Looks kind of funny and I have not seen much posted about it.

PCSX2 problem, you can disable 'VU1rec' in "config > cpu" options and get those parts look like they should but the game will run VERY slow, additionally if you use the D3D9 (Hardware) renderer you can get another glitches.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64