Gameplay stuttering while showing 60fps HELP!
Yeah I have tried disabling aero - it gives me stuttering as well as horrible tearing, worst case scenario so far.
This patch would not be nessecary as I thin because without vsync every game I have played works at constant 60fps but with this annoying stuttering, with vsync performance drops and I have fps drops as well, depending on game I get no drops at all to even 45-50fps (DQ VIII).

Sponsored links

Did you try updating your graphic card drivers? Fresh install?

Also what are your EE and VU percentages when stuttering occurs?
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
Drivers updated about 2 weeks ago, newest ones, but I have about 60 optional and recommended win7 updates to install (checked install only nessecary updates during installation) and maybe some of them are actually to solve this vsync issues?

EE is from 40% to 70% max while gs is up to 20%, not more.
It doesnt matter , for example I can stand still and watch people walking in devil summoner and for few seconds its smooth like it should and then for about 2-3 seconds get choppy but still 60 fps, no sound stutter at all, ee and gs the same percentage.
Definitevly some software issue either from windows or pcsx2 but rather first one because most of you don't have issue like this.

Looking like typical micro stuttering known from pc gaming.
4gb patch http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Umm I just had an interesting thought. I went back through and reread what you said about what drive was system drive ect. Now I know this is going to sound ludicrous but try installing pcsx2 on your system drive and leave the iso on D drive.

I only say this bc access to the iso is critical and any disruption in the bandwidth can cause stuttering freezing ect. If you follow any of my suggestion I would pick the above. Honestly I was having similar issue driving me crazy. I moved iso to their own drive. Fixed it. It didn't occur to me until now that you had pcsx2 installed on same drive.
Markyrocks69 I was trying running newer build of pcsx2 from C drive and ISO from D, no change at all.,
Just tried using windowed borderless gaming - no effect and then dxtory, to limit fps to 60 value, this program also had fps counter which clearly shows constant 60 fps even during stuttering, unfortunately this limiting didn't help at all Sad

I wonder what special vsync option does in pcsx2 / system that this eliminates stuttering... I thought it just caps to 60fps to eliminate tearing but limiting fps by program would't work.

And what about idea of installing all recomennded updates for my OS? Maybe one of them contains some bugfixes to windows compositor/ built in aero vsync option and will be helpful?
(12-17-2014, 06:32 PM)belmont1990 Wrote: Another option could be capping fps for ntsc games to 60.00fps from 59.98fps as it is now, but this option is always grayed out so no clue how to try this.

I actually like that idea. If your screen refresh rate (or data transfer rate) is 60Hz and you get frames with 59.94 Hz vsync really has to do a bit. If it doesn't buffer correctly you should get some problems with a frequency of 0.06Hz.. which corresponds to once in 17 seconds...

You can adjust the base frame rate in the 'ini'-folder -> "PCSX2_vm.ini" -> "FramerateNTSC=59.94"

The ini folder is either under mydocuments (full installer) or in the program directory (portable version / buildbot)

If this doesn't help I would put it back to the old value.
How about posting a video of what's happening.
(12-16-2014, 06:19 PM)markyrocks69 Wrote: You harddrive may be bottlenecked. Try running the game from a non system drive, usb stick ect. Mine would stutter/freeze frame drop to 47fps then return. Windows was beating up my hardrive for whatever reason. Put my isos on secondary drive. Runs smooth as butter. O also vu stealing can cause screen flicker.

Hard drives don't get bottlenecked.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(12-18-2014, 03:00 AM)fade2black001 Wrote: Hard drives don't get bottlenecked.

If you think that then you must believe in the tooth fairy, the easter bunny and Peter Pan.
LOL. You're funny
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3