Graphics stretch issue with latest nVidia drivers
What do you expect them to do? I mean if they really wanted to they could go out buy a PS2 then dump it's bios, and then buy a PS2 game then dump the ISO then test it that way. Not sure what's illegal about that, but I'm not sure if he's/she's allowed to do that sort of thing on company time.

EDIT: Not sure how this will pan out, good luck.

EDIT 2: Knowing nVidia, I'm not very confident that they'll fix this.

Sponsored links

Well as I thought would happen, I am still getting the issue with the latest 327.23 WHQL drivers, so it looks like I'm going to have to stick with 320.49 until someone can verify the problem.
(09-22-2013, 04:49 PM)sean_skroht Wrote: UPDATE: I tried capturing the problem using avih's GS Dump method but when playing it back with GSdumpGUI the problem doesn't show up even though I happened to capture it when it WAS actually occurring.

This is unfortunate. Did you try replaying the dump several times in the hope that it sometimes shows up?
Maybe it has a issue with DX10/9 or some feature? I ony use DX 11 SSE4.1

I loaded up VP2 and I instantly saw it on the Open video, IT was flash between Normal and zoom in repeatably every 3- 5 seconds didnt have this issue with 314.07whql or 320.49, But I cant use 320.49 do to it causing me random system lock ups that the 327.23 do not cause This zooming in flashing is only thing can say is wrong with the the current whql drivers

I do know it not pcsx2 specific as this does happen at random on the initial splash screen for Swtor. I reported this in the nvidia thread but I doubt it been noticed it probably just got buried, Nor is is something you really gona be able to capture

Actual I capture a video of it i will post it later
I have the same problem with GTX 770 and 327.23 drivers (WHQL).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-lfs0aMb...e=youtu.be

here is the video link
(09-23-2013, 04:01 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-lfs0aMb...e=youtu.be

here is the video link

Yep, that is essentially the issue I'm having with some games in PCSX2. While your issue seems to be zooming in without any stretching or change in aspect ratio, mine simply stretches across.

Not all PS2 games seem to be affected by the problem. Out of all the games I have that I've tested it mainly seems to be the title menus of any of the SSX games, ie SSX, SSX Tricky and SSX 3. I don't have SSX On Tour so I can't check that. If anyone else has an SSX game and the latest nVidia drivers, check it out. I haven't used the drivers long enough to check and see if any PC games are affected.

I'm still working on how I can report this to nVidia.

Tsunami maybe you could try posting in nVidia's forums again to try to get their attention.

(09-22-2013, 05:43 PM)avih Wrote: This is unfortunate. Did you try replaying the dump several times in the hope that it sometimes shows up?

I have, but I'll keep plugging away at it and see what I can do. Smile To me the problem seems to have increased with the WHQL drivers, so when I get time I'll try again. Just a tad busy building a cabin at the moment. Smile
(09-23-2013, 05:32 AM)sean_skroht Wrote: Not all PS2 games seem to be affected by the problem. Out of all the games I have that I've tested it mainly seems to be the title menus of any of the SSX games, ie SSX, SSX Tricky and SSX 3. I don't have SSX On Tour so I can't check that. If anyone else has an SSX game and the latest nVidia drivers, check it out. I haven't used the drivers long enough to check and see if any PC games are affected.
Uh, if this is only happening with certain PS2 games wouldn't the emulator be at fault and not drivers?

(09-23-2013, 05:32 AM)sean_skroht Wrote: I have, but I'll keep plugging away at it and see what I can do. Smile To me the problem seems to have increased with the WHQL drivers, so when I get time I'll try again. Just a tad busy building a cabin at the moment. Smile
You might want to use a capture card (or a camcorder (basically something other than software on the computer)) to demonstrate the issue better. In the video it'd help if you open up Everest (here), and show us the video card (driver version should be around too).
(09-23-2013, 06:06 AM)Scootaloo Wrote: Uh, if this is only happening with certain PS2 games wouldn't the emulator be at fault and not drivers?
its the drivers, as I have not changed my svn build in months only that that has changed is 314.07 vs 327.23 drivers and swtor's splash screen does this at random, though it very much rare in that case And i can guarantee it dont happen with 314.07 drivers
(09-23-2013, 06:14 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: its the drivers, as I have no changed my svn build in months only that that has changed is 314.07 vs 327.23 drivers and swtor's splash screen does this at random, though it very much rare in that case
EDIT: Oops I thought you were sean_skroht for a moment.

Old Post: Oh ok. I still think [if you're able to find/get one] using a capture card (not sure if capturing software would see it) would be good. In addition to tsunami2311's video.