Graphics stretch issue with latest nVidia drivers
(04-06-2014, 11:52 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: there is work around for in DX11 nvidia hack under hacks section of gsdx

Didn't know they figured out the problem and fixed it using the latest stable version! Thank for the info, didn't know that.

Also thanks PCSX2 team for not forcing us using DX9 mode Tongue , really appreciate it .

Peace Smile .

Sponsored links

Update : Unfortunately after trying it today. Even after enabling Nvidia Hack this doesn't seem to work well in Tekken games, it shows the old vertical lines issue, and the random stretching is still there in Tekken 5.
I am using a GTX 780 Ti which sucks for me since I cannot go to very old drivers, and the release driver "331.65 "for the Ti already has this issue. Also the newer drivers provide good performance increase on PC games when compared to the old 320.49 or 314.22. Don't know what Nvidia screwed with their newer drivers to trigger this problem.
The only working solution for me is DX9, which I will be using from now on.

Sorry if this sounded like a rant but it is not what I intended, only want to share my experience.

Peace guys.
I can confirm what you are experiencing. Then nvidia hack still stops the stretching but the 'magic x number' of 1260 no longer removes the vertical lines while the nvidia hack is on. The lines are removed when the nvidia hack is off though. The stretching starts again without the nvidia hack. The stretching use to not occur in namco games when you had 1260 as the horizontal resolution. Now that trick no longer works.

For some reason now, tekken tag (and a small few other namco games) also have a gpu load of 50% or higher which makes it lag terribly. That never use to happen before. There are also flickering textures now in TTT on the character select screen.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...0/#4182770

Not that the above matters but this the only response i ever got about this about this issue, other the initial response from nvidia stating they wont look into it due to there stance on emulators
Use the Nvidia hardware hack. That fixes the issue.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(04-08-2014, 05:32 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Use the Nvidia hardware hack. That fixes the issue.

fixes the stretching/zooming it break the custom res trick on namco games to get rid of the black lines
Yeah, that is one side effect I have learned.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Keep brining it up on those forums, if you will. We tried fixing this and there was no obvious "Vertex upload hack" that apparently all the emulators do.
FYI, I did an nvidia driver update and I noticed the weird stretching in a number of games. I enabled the 'NVidia hack' and it worked for most of my games I checked (I actually have only ripped a dozen or so from my collection so far). The exception is that the Star Ocean 3 title screen does not seem to be helped by the hack, it still goes bonkers. I tried it with and without the hack and asking the game to do progressive mode and leaving it alone, all 4 permutations still went weird and spastic with stretching and unstretching.
(04-08-2014, 10:35 AM)rama Wrote: Keep brining it up on those forums, if you will. We tried fixing this and there was no obvious "Vertex upload hack" that apparently all the emulators do.

Yah well sora is one of those troll around nvidia forums.

I have not heared one peep about this from nvidia since there initial comment that they wont look into it cause the nature of it need bios or some thing like that.

one the Developers here need to get a hold of one mods /dev there cause the end user here isnt gonna be able to help much here other then report it and I been reporting it since it started 320.xx and up

A Coder here need to find way with one nvidia people to this addressed, sadly this only way i think it will be fixed