Graphics stretch issue with latest nVidia drivers
I'm using 327.23 and getting this problem too with the latest build (5731).

The bottom part of the screen will just suddenly stretch down randomly for like half a second, then return to normal. It sucks. :/

Sponsored links

My test was on a desktop with a gtx 570, also I dont have TDR problems.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-02-2013, 04:02 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: give me a list of games this occurs in,

The games that I have that have tested positive for the problem are:

SSX
SSX Tricky
SSX 3

Devs please note: The problem is most notable on 2D screens. In the case of the SSX games it's most notable on the "Press Start Button" screens. The problem ALSO seems to be at its worse at scene changes. If the intro video has finished playing and it goes to start screen then it acts a little crazy and then settles down and stops.

Also I have noticed that while playing SSX sometimes the 3D graphics will quickly flash as if the problem is trying to manifest itself.

(10-03-2013, 02:44 AM)shinra358 Wrote: The focal point is Fermi owners. This isn't the first time I've heard this so maybe it is just plaguing fermi owners? Any non-fermi problems from anyone?

Interesting point Shinra. The only thing though, you mentioned that you have experienced the stretching issue yourself but your sig states you have a GTX 670M. I didn't think GTX 600 series was fermi. Are you able to confirm this?

I have a GTX 590 running on Windows 7 x64. Sadly, the latest 331.40 beta drivers have not helped for me.
Some sites say kepler. Some sites say fermi. So I dunno Tongue
Is there some stat on my computer that I can see that will tell me which it is?
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
Happens to me in Persona 4(PAL version).
PCSX2 5730 on a GeForce 560 ti with 327.23 drivers.
The flicker doesn't happen too frequently, but I found a scene where it happens a lot(http://youtu.be/sy3DUcgKlAQ ). I believe it has something to do with the rain, though I have nothing to base that on other than my experience that it seems to happen more when it's raining in the game.
Stops completely if I swap from Direct3D11(Hardware) to Direct3D9(Hardware).
I think I got a GS dump thing of it, if that is of any value. Though I can't get the GSDumpGUI thing to work, so no idea if the dump actually works.

Attached Files
.7z   snaps.7z (Size: 3,98 MB / Downloads: 167)
610m, 620m, 630m, 670m, 675m = Fermi
670mx, 675mx + all the others = Kepler
Wink
So really this seems to be a problem with Fermi GPUs on an instruction introduced with DX10 no?? That should narrow things down...

EDIT: or is it DX11?? Has someone got this hapenning on DX10 mode?? Checking that could help diagnose...
(10-03-2013, 07:39 PM)pablocrossa Wrote: So really this seems to be a problem with Fermi GPUs on an instruction introduced with DX10 no?? That should narrow things down...

No it's not that, as i said with my GTX 570 (which is a Thermi) it works absolutely fine on the latest drivers and SVN builds.

Edit: Okay i managed to make it happen. If you use the "Wait for VSync on Refresh" under the GS Window settings in Emulation Config, it will do mess up. If you just use the frame limiter in the emu it's fine.

(10-03-2013, 07:53 PM)refraction Wrote: No it's not that, as i said with my GTX 570 (which is a Thermi) it works absolutely fine on the latest drivers and SVN builds.

Edit: Okay i managed to make it happen. If you use the "Wait for VSync on Refresh" under the GS Window settings in Emulation Config, it will do mess up. If you just use the frame limiter in the emu it's fine.

DX10 and 11 mode?? If it doesn't happen when you enable DX9 then it pretty much sounds like the same problem
(10-03-2013, 08:24 PM)pablocrossa Wrote: DX10 and 11 mode?? If it doesn't happen when you enable DX9 then it pretty much sounds like the same problem

DX9 is fine, DX10/11 does it, but again, only if you tick that "wait for vsync on refresh" option, which i never use xD