InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(09-19-2014, 02:55 PM)GeneralFailer Wrote: I'm not doubting about whether it is morally right for you to have ads in your program, I'm just wondering how can someone acquire full source code of the current version if there is no link to it anywhere.

If you had started off in that tone we would have been having a very different conversation.

The biggest reason why I stopped doing automatic uploads of my source code is due to the fact that the newer versions both 1.4 and 1.5 have a lot of security info in there that I do not want to disseminate, such as private salts, encryption algs, SQL connection strings, etc etc etc, I guarantee that if I were to upload that stuff my server would be hacked the same day, instead I give out pieces of code on an as needed bases to developers that are curious how I accomplished something, I cite Jays2Kings as a reference here because when I found a way to do something that I saw as improved or beneficial I mailed him the code or posted it in his thread. The same goes for anybody else who may be interested.

(09-19-2014, 03:08 PM)roli Wrote: jhebbel I'm wondering if it's possilbe to change sensitivity of the mous if i bind mouse movment to right stick? It would be awesome if there was a slider for every single mouse movement direction. For example If i bind mouse movement to the right stick i could change mouse movement up sensitivity to 5 while i have mouse movement right sensitivity set to 7. If this isn't possible I'd like to change cursor sensitivity the way you change he sensitivity on the touchpad.

in both 1.4 and 1.5 you can change the cursor speed by going into the axis settings for the stick and dropping the sticks sensitivity.

Separating the X and Y sensitivity may be a good idea, the only thing I can thing of that would be a CON to this is i'm pretty close if not already past the point of overloading the UI with settings as far as axis config goes.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool

Sponsored links

(09-19-2014, 03:10 PM)jhebbel Wrote: If you had started off in that tone we would have been having a very different conversation.

The biggest reason why I stopped doing automatic uploads of my source code is due to the fact that the newer versions both 1.4 and 1.5 have a lot of security info in there that I do not want to disseminate, such as private salts, encryption algs, SQL connection strings, etc etc etc, I guarantee that if I were to upload that stuff my server would be hacked the same day, instead I give out pieces of code on an as needed bases to developers that are curious how I accomplished something, I cite Jays2Kings as a reference here because when I found a way to do something that I saw as improved or beneficial I mailed him the code or posted it in his thread. The same goes for anybody else who may be interested.

in both 1.4 and 1.5 you can change the cursor speed by going into the axis settings for the stick and dropping the sticks sensitivity.

Separating the X and Y sensitivity may be a good idea, the only thing I can thing of that would be a CON to this is i'm pretty close if not already past the point of overloading the UI with settings as far as axis config goes.
Okay thanks, I just figured out that I could change it, but I'm wondering is it possible to bind a profile to the desktop, so that I can have auto sense selected, but it will be my desktop profile that I'm using? And btw I seem to be experiencing a lot of crashes when I press the save button when editing a profile
(09-19-2014, 03:18 PM)roli Wrote: Okay thanks, I just figured out that I could change it, but I'm wondering is it possible to bind a profile to the desktop, so that I can have auto sense selected, but it will be my desktop profile that I'm using?

desktop as well as other non application window programs are part of explorer.exe, so if you bind a profile to that it should switch to it when on your desktop, also the default profile option in settings will be fixed in next version, explanation of that is 2 or 3 posts back.

(09-19-2014, 03:20 PM)jhebbel Wrote: desktop as well as other non application window programs are part of explorer.exe, so if you bind a profile to that it should switch to it when on your desktop, also the default profile option in settings will be fixed in next version, explanation of that is 2 or 3 posts back.

Okay thanks Smile The touchpadscrolling doesn'æt seem to work for me but everything else With it Works fine.
(09-19-2014, 03:25 PM)roli Wrote: Okay thanks Smile The touchpadscrolling doesn'æt seem to work for me but everything else With it Works fine.

@jhebbel do you know where Explorer.exe is located? I'm running Windows 8.1

I noticed the touchpad scrolling issue a couple days ago and have been meaning to look into it

Explorer is in the windows root dir

(09-19-2014, 03:29 PM)jhebbel Wrote: I noticed the touchpad scrolling issue a couple days ago and have been meaning to look into it

Explorer is in the windows root dir
OKay thanks Smile

I Applied Explorer.exe to my desktop profile and saved but when I selected auto sense It just stayed the default profile
@jhebbel now when I save an edit in a profile, the tool crashes almost every time
(09-19-2014, 03:36 PM)roli Wrote: @jhebbel now when I save an edit in a profile, the tool crashes almost every time

There should be a Crash.log, can you post that

(09-19-2014, 03:10 PM)jhebbel Wrote: If you had started off in that tone we would have been having a very different conversation.

To my knowledge this makes referring to your program as open source incorrect by definition, which you do in this thread.
Crash.log:

Prosessen får ikke tilgang til filen E:\Appdata\Roaming\DS4Windows\Profiles\Desktop.xml fordi den brukes av en annen prosess. (Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String) in mscorlib) []
ved System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
ved System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
ved System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
ved DS4Control.ProfileHandler.LoadProfile.GetByName(String ProfileName)
ved DS4Control.BackingStore.LoadProfile(Int32 device)
ved DS4Control.Global.ProfileUpdate(Object sender, String ProfileName)
ved DS4Control.Global.ProfileUpdatedEvent(Object sender, FileSystemEventArgs e)
ved System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.OnChanged(FileSystemEventArgs e)
ved System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.NotifyFileSystemEventArgs(Int32 action, String name)
ved System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
ved System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

19.09.2014 15:33:18> DS4Windows.exe Information: 0 : Starting...
19.09.2014 15:33:18> DS4Windows.exe Information: 0 : Searching for controllers....
19.09.2014 15:33:18> DS4Windows.exe Information: 0 : Using Exclusive Mode
19.09.2014 15:33:18> A4:15:66:6E:FB:BE device start
19.09.2014 15:33:19> DS4Windows.exe Information: 0 : Found Controller: A4:15:66:6E:FB:BE (BT)
19.09.2014 15:33:19> DS4Windows.exe Information: 0 : Controller 1 is using Profile "[Default]"
19.09.2014 15:33:19> A4:15:66:6E:FB:BE power subsystem octet: 0x07
19.09.2014 15:33:33> Saving
19.09.2014 15:35:30> Saving