InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(10-20-2014, 05:47 PM)jhebbel Wrote: What BT dongle are you using?

I am using the ASUS USB-BT400

Sponsored links

(10-20-2014, 05:59 PM)vlcsf Wrote: I am using the ASUS USB-BT400

Are you using the windows stack and drivers or ones you got from asus?
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool
(10-20-2014, 06:00 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Are you using the windows stack and drivers or ones you got from asus?

I had to use the ones supplied by ASUS because windows didnt install the drivers. I think I installed the ASUS drivers also when I was on Windows 7.
(10-20-2014, 06:04 PM)vlcsf Wrote: I had to use the ones supplied by ASUS because windows didnt install the drivers. I think I installed the ASUS drivers also when I was on Windows 7.

Uninstall the device and drivers and give it another shot, drivers for that chipset definitely are included in windows so if it wouldn't install it may indicate other issues

(10-20-2014, 06:06 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Uninstall the device and drivers and give it another shot, drivers for that chipset definitely are included in windows so if it wouldn't install it may indicate other issues

It is working now. Thanks for all the help.
(10-19-2014, 10:55 PM)jhebbel Wrote: You switched between steam and explorer a couple times but it looks like the profile changed correctly with the switches

When i recreated the bug i only went to the main menu of shadow of mordor, i didn't bother to og into the game, should i do that and post the log again?
(10-20-2014, 06:47 PM)roli Wrote: When i recreated the bug i only went to the main menu of shadow of mordor, i didn't bother to og into the game, should i do that and post the log again?

Im not seeing a bug though, each profile change matched up to a active window change

left controller on charge overnight again and I got another write failure then a latency spike to 51ms. could this be related to the new DS4Library.dll? I don't see that power exception since i last restarted the program. while it's still a rare occurance, it concerns me a bit if this happens while multiplayer gaming. the controller was approximately 1 foot away from the dongle during this. I have Flush HID Queue disabled and Performance slider at default, if that's relevant. (also still using the 1.5.10.22746 build, but with the DS4Library.dll replaced)

Code:
10/20/2014 12:57:54 PM> ERROR: 84:17:66:C2:0F:CC encountered write failure: 121
10/20/2014 12:57:54 PM> WARNING: Controller 01 (84:17:66:C2:0F:CC) is experiencing latency issues. Currently at 51.45ms of recomended maximum 10ms

Edit: also, another "file is open by another process" error while turning Flush HID Queue back on to test to see if I still get write failures. this time VS2013 reports it as this:
Code:
A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in System.Xml.dll

DS4Windows throws up a big red error, log file below
Code:
10/20/2014 2:21:42 PM> TRACE: Saving
10/20/2014 2:21:42 PM> ERROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Star\AppData\Roaming\DS4Windows\Profiles\New Profile.xml' because it is being used by another process. (Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String) in mscorlib) []
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at DS4Control.ProfileHandler.LoadProfile.GetByPath(String ProfilePath) in c:\Users\Joshua\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\DS4 Tool\DS4Control\Profiles.cs:line 1153
   at DS4Control.Profile..ctor(String ProfilePath) in c:\Users\Joshua\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\DS4 Tool\DS4Control\Profiles.cs:line 262
   at DS4Control.ProfileHandler.BuildAutoProfileSwitcherBindings() in c:\Users\Joshua\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\DS4 Tool\DS4Control\Profiles.cs:line 1243
   at DS4Control.MyExtensions.SaveProfileToXML(Profile Profile, String Name) in c:\Users\Joshua\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\DS4 Tool\DS4Control\Profiles.cs:line 849
   at DS4Windows.Pages.Profile.Button_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in c:\Users\Joshua\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\DS4 Tool\DS4Windows\Pages\Profile.xaml.cs:line 268
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

and shortly after this I saw this in VS2013
Code:
A first chance exception of type 'System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception' occurred in System.dll
not sure where to get stack trace from though, still launching from VS2013 debug with symbols loaded. I understand there's not much we can do about trying to write to a file open in another program (and you mentioned it retries up to 10 times) but the fact that the log window threw this big of an error is odd.
(10-20-2014, 08:09 PM)Star Wrote: left controller on charge overnight again and I got another write failure then a latency spike to 51ms. could this be related to the new DS4Library.dll? I don't see that power exception since i last restarted the program. while it's still a rare occurance, it concerns me a bit if this happens while multiplayer gaming. the controller was approximately 1 foot away from the dongle during this. I have Flush HID Queue disabled and Performance slider at default, if that's relevant.

Code:
10/20/2014 12:57:54 PM> ERROR: 84:17:66:C2:0F:CC encountered write failure: 121
10/20/2014 12:57:54 PM> WARNING: Controller 01 (84:17:66:C2:0F:CC) is experiencing latency issues. Currently at 51.45ms of recomended maximum 10ms

A latency spike is only an issue if its continuous, the controller is sending about 500 packets a second and if one or two or a couple are ~50ms you likely would never even notice it unless you see it in the log. by itself a lone latency spike doesnt mean trouble, could just be a hiccup caused by any one of a thousand things windows does in the BG.

Congrats on getting spotted by Kotaku...

"The DualShock 4 Has Become a Pretty Great PC Controller"

[Image: hebel.png]