InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
Hi. I'm having a problem with BT. Works fine with USB. I use Kinivo BTD-400 Bluetooth 4.0. The very first time it connected and worked fine through a couple of playthroughs. I'm not sure what the clean way is to close this application but I right clicked it and clicked exit from the taskbar on Windows 8.1. After that it never worked again. Everytime I try using bluetooth now the application crashes after it detects the controller. I get "DS4 Tool has stopped working."

The log says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (Void StopOutputUpdate() in DS4Library) . Attached is a partial log file.

Attached Files
.txt   ds4debug.txt (Size: 13,35 KB / Downloads: 362)
.txt   ds4debugcmdline.txt (Size: 4,14 KB / Downloads: 228)

Sponsored links

(08-10-2014, 03:15 PM)Crimor Wrote: where would I get the windows drivers for it?
They are part of windows, when installing the device just choose to pick your own drivers rather than automatic installation, choose Generic Windows. Again assuming this is the issue.
(08-10-2014, 05:09 PM)familyguy26 Wrote: Hi. I'm having a problem with BT. Works fine with USB. I use Kinivo BTD-400 Bluetooth 4.0. The very first time it connected and worked fine through a couple of playthroughs. I'm not sure what the clean way is to close this application but I right clicked it and clicked exit from the taskbar on Windows 8.1. After that it never worked again. Everytime I try using bluetooth now the application crashes after it detects the controller. I get "DS4 Tool has stopped working."

The log says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (Void StopOutputUpdate() in DS4Library) . Attached is a partial log file.

the root of your issues can be seen in log at
Quote:Warning: Could not open DS4 84:17:66:C7:E7:12 excl
usively. You must quit other applications like Steam, Uplay before activating the 'Hide DS4 Controller' option.
You have some other application open that is 'stealing' the controller.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool
(08-10-2014, 11:49 AM)Speeko Wrote: Just comparing my UI to the screenshots on your website - mine looks a bit off. Could be my DPI is set higher?

[Image: WnJzLF3.png]

Whats off? seems like its rendering properly, also the website does not screeshots of the newer versions, but not alot has changed so i didn't see the need to do new screenshots for each and every release

(08-09-2014, 11:12 AM)Wirenut48 Wrote: Is the new build the same link you previously posted? If so I still can't get the new alpha build to work. Get windows error "program has stopped working".

new alpha should create a crash.log in the appdata folder if there is an issue.

(08-10-2014, 06:05 PM)jhebbel Wrote: They are part of windows, when installing the device just choose to pick your own drivers rather than automatic installation, choose Generic Windows. Again assuming this is the issue.

the root of your issues can be seen in log at
You have some other application open that is 'stealing' the controller.

I did have Steam opened when I restarted it. Thanks for pointing that out. However I closed it and have the same issue. I restarted my computer and even put it in shared mode instead of exclusive but still have the same issue. Attached is a new file.

Attached Files
.txt   ds4debugcmdline.txt (Size: 3,86 KB / Downloads: 111)
(08-10-2014, 08:03 PM)familyguy26 Wrote: I did have Steam opened when I restarted it. Thanks for pointing that out. However I closed it and have the same issue. I restarted my computer and even put it in shared mode instead of exclusive but still have the same issue. Attached is a new file.

hmm, and you bluetooth drivers haven't been changed or swapped? Have you tried removing the device from the paired bt devices and then re-pair?

(08-10-2014, 09:09 PM)jhebbel Wrote: hmm, and you bluetooth drivers haven't been changed or swapped? Have you tried removing the device from the paired bt devices and then re-pair?

Thanks for the suggestion. Based on my tests it works fine when I don't play any games. After I go into a game and then quit and then exit it out of DS4Tool is when I have problems. It will not launch subsequent times unless I remove the paired bluetooth device and then repair it. I'm just going to go the USB route and get a longer cable.
(08-10-2014, 10:29 PM)familyguy26 Wrote: Thanks for the suggestion. Based on my tests it works fine when I don't play any games. After I go into a game and then quit and then exit it out of DS4Tool is when I have problems. It will not launch subsequent times unless I remove the paired bluetooth device and then repair it. I'm just going to go the USB route and get a longer cable.

Out of curiosity have you tried the new alpha and does it have the same issue?

(08-10-2014, 07:28 PM)jhebbel Wrote: new alpha should create a crash.log in the appdata folder if there is an issue.

Here is the crash log.

Attached Files
.txt   Crash.txt (Size: 3,9 KB / Downloads: 309)
(08-11-2014, 12:30 AM)Wirenut48 Wrote: Here is the crash log.

ok, think I fixed it.