InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(07-24-2014, 10:51 PM)jhebbel Wrote: If the game you are playing is elevated or being run 'as administrator' the trackpad will not work.

The game I'm playing has to be played as an administrator is there any way i can make it work while it's running as an administrator. Or I'm i out of luck?

Sponsored links

(07-24-2014, 10:58 PM)jhomar09 Wrote: The game I'm playing has to be played as an administrator is there any way i can make it work while it's running as an administrator. Or I'm i out of luck?

you can 1) move the game to a location other than My Programs and it will not require elevation anymore, or 2 manually run the DS4 tool as admin at each start.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool
(07-24-2014, 10:59 PM)jhebbel Wrote: you can 1) move the game to a location other than My Programs and it will not require elevation anymore, or 2 manually run the DS4 tool as admin at each start.

Thanks a lot that worked =)
OK macros work with touchpad now, but, can't find a way to control the behavior of the touchpad when using macros. They seem to ignore the general settings as I have tap unchecked, but I get tap when assigning a macro to the pad. Very annoying when I accidentally brush the pad when pressing the option or share button. The hotkey to disable the touchpad doesn't do you any good when you have macros set to those buttons.

Also lately, sometimes it will mess up the operation of my mouse in windows, and I have to logout and back into windows to get it working. I left click on a window and it acts as a multiple select highlighting everything above, and scroll wheel stops working. I haven't looked into this yet to determine when and what makes this happen.
(07-24-2014, 11:05 PM)Wirenut48 Wrote: OK macros work with touchpad now, but, can't find a way to control the behavior of the touchpad when using macros. They seem to ignore the general settings as I have tap unchecked, but I get tap when assigning a macro to the pad. Very annoying when I accidentally brush the pad when pressing the option or share button. The hotkey to disable the touchpad doesn't do you any good when you have macros set to those buttons.

Also lately, sometimes it will mess up the operation of my mouse in windows, and I have to logout and back into windows to get it working. I left click on a window and it acts as a multiple select highlighting everything above, and scroll wheel stops working. I haven't looked into this yet to determine when and what makes this happen.

The macros are still active when the touchpad is off on purpose, turning off the touchpad is only meant to disable mouse movements so you don't start spinning around or looking in crazy direction in FPS games when using the trackpad to launch macros and swipes. You can make your macro harder to launch by making it a multi touch or combo, or put in on a 2nd profil then use a macro to switch between profiles.

As for the weird mouse behavior let me know if you can narrow down what's actually happening, I use the trackpad quite a bit and have not encountered this issue yet.

I want to disable the tap feature and require a press instead, so it doesn't activate the macro by brushing the pad.
(07-24-2014, 11:18 PM)Wirenut48 Wrote: I want to disable the tap feature and require a press instead, so it doesn't activate the macro by brushing the pad.

I will work on creating a 'Touchpad Click' event that way if you use Touchpad Left Tap + Touchpad Click in combination you will get that effect.

Thank you, whatever works to be able to use the pad as a button click.
I'm getting a pretty consistent crash when first connecting my DS4 via bluetooth.
I hear the 'dodunk' windows sound indicating a device has connected, and DS4 reports from the tray it has selected the default profile.
Straight after that, DS4Tool crashes.

After I restart DS4tool it everything works fine. Its just the initial connection that is stuffing up.

Running Windows 7

Here's the exception from the debug log:

Code:
2014-07-22T09:31:54.8804727Z> Suspicious activity causes a timout timer to begi
for device 1C:66:6D:1A:94:3D.
2014-07-22T09:31:55.0154804Z> Disconnect successful: False
2014-07-22T09:31:59.7167493Z> There was no response from the device 1C:66:6D:1A
94:3D for a period of 5 seconds so it is being disconnected.
2014-07-22T09:31:59.7167493Z> Trying to disconnect BT device 1C:66:6D:1A:94:3D
2014-07-22T09:31:59.7177494Z> Disconnect successful: True

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to
an instance of an object.
   at DS4Library.DS4Device.StopOutputUpdate()
   at DS4Library.DS4Device.DisconnectBT()
   at DS4Control.Control.TimeoutConnection(DS4Device d)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext,
ontextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
ontextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
(07-25-2014, 03:59 AM)Speeko Wrote:
Code:
2014-07-22T09:31:54.8804727Z> Suspicious activity causes a timout timer to begi
for device 1C:66:6D:1A:94:3D.
2014-07-22T09:31:55.0154804Z> Disconnect successful: False
2014-07-22T09:31:59.7167493Z> There was no response from the device 1C:66:6D:1A
94:3D for a period of 5 seconds so it is being disconnected.
2014-07-22T09:31:59.7167493Z> Trying to disconnect BT device 1C:66:6D:1A:94:3D
2014-07-22T09:31:59.7177494Z> Disconnect successful: True

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to
an instance of an object.
   at DS4Library.DS4Device.StopOutputUpdate()
   at DS4Library.DS4Device.DisconnectBT()
   at DS4Control.Control.TimeoutConnection(DS4Device d)
ontextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
ontextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Looks like your are not using the default bluetooth driver. I had exactly the same behavior when using my proprietary BT drivers.

What you need to do is to revert the "Generic BT" drivers back from Microsoft. You gotta go the device driver screen, select your BT dongle and go to properties. Got to the "driver" tab click "Update..." and select browse my "computer for drivers". After that, select "Let me pick from a list".

Uncheck "Show only compatible" and select "GenericAdapter" in the manufacturer column. On the right side there should be a generic BT adapater. Select that and go next, next, next, etc.

This, is what we call the default Windows BT Stack. Your BT dongle has to be compatible with this default driver. If it doesn't then I'm afraid your BT device is not compatible with the default stack.