InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(08-20-2014, 06:55 PM)Nado Wrote: Great tool! DS4 = best pc gamepad. This has helped me forget we probably won't see an official steam controller any time soon.

I am having some crashing issues, but holding off troubleshooting until 1.5 is released... It's there an eta?
Not really, Im throwing as much time as I can at it and am making pretty good progress considering im ground up rewriting about 4 months of previous combined effort on this tool, button and 6axis mapping should be done in the next alpha this weekend I hope, Macro UI re code is after that and should maybe take another week give or take?

Even when the Steam controller is released I see it being hit or miss as they are sticking to their guns and using touch pad only controls instead of analog sticks (not for me).

(08-20-2014, 08:20 PM)Orikson Wrote: Glad to hear that, so I donated some bucks and tried 1.5. As it's still a alpha I guess it's normal, that the "Tool" menu is not yet working?

But still there is this (in my eyes) ugly and slow design. Why not use the usual windows design, so you even could get rid of the "minimize to tray" and "quit" menu when hovering the X for closing the tool.

Also some buttons (eg. button configuration) and linkings seem to be missing which is - I guess - because it's an alpha. Looking forward Wink

Tool menu is completely empty as it is just a link to external resources that I am not bundling in the alpha until its in a more "releasable" state.

As far as ugly, color schemes will be user configurable but the overall layout will likely stay put as this ribbon style bar seems to be the general direction most applications are heading now and days, And minimize to try is by specific design as the tool is primarily meant to run as a background service and not just forcing the user to either have it minimize or quit all together, when this is coded the minimize and close buttons perform the same action and an explicit exit UI element is needed, hence the File Quit option and the hover close menu. As far as slow this must be a local issue that I will have to diagnose with you because I am testing on a single core 1gb ram VM setup to test low end system load and it seems to be running great for me, Redshadow has also been testing it pretty frequently as he was one of the users that was experiencing slow UI with 1.4.3x and he reports it being much better now as well. Are there any specific actions or parts that seem slower than the rest?

There are a lot of inactive parts, button mapping being one, that just have placeholders as I write the code for it, but I still wanted to throw something in to get a sense of the layout.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool

Sponsored links

(08-20-2014, 09:06 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [...] As far as slow this must be a local issue that I will have to diagnose with you because I am testing on a single core 1gb ram VM setup to test low end system load and it seems to be running great for me, Redshadow has also been testing it pretty frequently as he was one of the users that was experiencing slow UI with 1.4.3x and he reports it being much better now as well. Are there any specific actions or parts that seem slower than the rest? [...]

I can still confirm this.
Sometimes I have to go back 1.4 to remap keys or do other stuff and the performance difference is huge: whether that's the program's 'logic' that doesn't freeze everything when loading game info or the overall UI experience like moving/resizing the window or even the memory footprint, 1.5 is clearly faster and better.
So far so good Smile

I think that when Orikson mentions the "slow design" I think he might mean it is not practical and is cumbersome. It is quite true IMHO. Like building macros in a panel, associating them from another panel by clicking on comboboxes, etc. Also the 'non-standard' UI flow that has like 'tabs' as buttons on the left.
This however doesn't bother me much, and actually reminds me of some MacOSX UI I have seen.

Is that above stuff pretty much what you meant Orikson?
Please don't hesitate to state your opinion and details. Happy

As for ugly, well I am not especially fond of the design either, but I wouldn't say it is ugly though. Honestly I consider this an extra feature at this point; the program being 95% of the time in the tray.

But yeah... we want PERFECTION for this amazing tool! Laugh
(08-20-2014, 10:57 PM)RedShadow Wrote: I can still confirm this.
Sometimes I have to go back 1.4 to remap keys or do other stuff and the performance difference is huge: whether that's the program's 'logic' that doesn't freeze everything when loading game info or the overall UI experience like moving/resizing the window or even the memory footprint, 1.5 is clearly faster and better.
So far so good Smile

I think that when Orikson mentions the "slow design" I think he might mean it is not practical and is cumbersome. It is quite true IMHO. Like building macros in a panel, associating them from another panel by clicking on comboboxes, etc. Also the 'non-standard' UI flow that has like 'tabs' as buttons on the left.
This however doesn't bother me much, and actually reminds me of some MacOSX UI I have seen.

Is that above stuff pretty much what you meant Orikson?
Please don't hesitate to state your opinion and details. Happy

As for ugly, well I am not especially fond of the design either, but I wouldn't say it is ugly though. Honestly I consider this an extra feature at this point; the program being 95% of the time in the tray.

But yeah... we want PERFECTION for this amazing tool! Laugh
Should I drop the side panel and make a top toolbar for navigation? The macros i'm not sure what you mean, if you mean that combo and macros are in two different places this is by design, to allow macros to be used independently and across profiles, so you dont have to remake the same macro over and over for profiles that use the same one.

Question, what if I wanted to use DS4 controls, along with DS3 ones too?

Like having 2 DS3 and 2 DS4, would they get along each other, be that wired or wireless?

If so, can this software install the driver for both, and make them "XBOX360 controllers"?

This would be amazing if it would be possible.

Please let me know.
Thanks.
(08-21-2014, 12:38 AM)DarkWolfx Wrote: Question, what if I wanted to use DS4 controls, along with DS3 ones too?

Like having 2 DS3 and 2 DS4, would they get along each other, be that wired or wireless?

If so, can this software install the driver for both, and make them "XBOX360 controllers"?

This would be amazing if it would be possible.

Please let me know.
Thanks.

This version is only for DS4, there is another variant that can handle DS3 but I dont think they work together.

I'm having an issue with the latest edition (1.4.40.11991). It's not showing me my controller settings or profile settings when I try changing them. I've attached a picture to show what I mean. I'm having an issue right now in Dark Souls where my camera spins constantly and the buttons are all mixed up and I have no idea why so I tried to make a new profile but I can't select it in the settings. Any help or insight would be appreciated.
(08-20-2014, 11:42 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Should I drop the side panel and make a top toolbar for navigation? The macros i'm not sure what you mean, if you mean that combo and macros are in two different places this is by design, to allow macros to be used independently and across profiles, so you dont have to remake the same macro over and over for profiles that use the same one.

I don't know for the side panel. I actually like it, but I have to say we do not see this kinda design often, which might trouble some people. That might just be me, but vertical toolbars are actually better since most of our screens are wider than taller. So it's best to use that horizontal space by using the current left buttons instead of standard top-horizontal toolbars. Also, with high DPI it is less problematic since it will use more horizontal space but not much more in height. So we won't end up not seeing the bottom/upper part of the window with some resolutions.

For the macro flow, what I mean is you have to make a lot of clicks to get there and create one. You know, going to the macro panel, click add, do stuff, save, go back to profile, then to the macro tab, add button macro, select macro in dropdown -- which can also be quite large. Why not put a 'add macro' directly next to the dropdown for instance? Like you click on that and you get the macro editor right away. Saving it will automatically put the new macro, selected, in the dropdown. I mean, I just invented this right now lol but what I am trying to say is that currently, the UI is not much efficient IMHO. Now, the fact that the macros are seperated is good since we can reuse them, but jumping from one panel to another is bothersome.

I mean, it doesn't bother me much anyway since I do those stuff once; but I think this is the kinda stuff Orikson meant when he said 'slow design'.

(08-21-2014, 05:46 AM)tunadragontacocow Wrote: I'm having an issue with the latest edition (1.4.40.11991). It's not showing me my controller settings or profile settings when I try changing them. I've attached a picture to show what I mean. I'm having an issue right now in Dark Souls where my camera spins constantly and the buttons are all mixed up and I have no idea why so I tried to make a new profile but I can't select it in the settings. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Probably a profile corruption that happened on ver 1.38.
Try to delete the profiles.xml from your %appdata%\DS4Tool. But make a backup first, just in case.
So after trying the DS4 to Xinput Wrapper tool with a lot of problems I decided to try this one out. Again, I'm stumbling on some problems and was hoping someone could help me out.

I paired my DS4 controller and when I go to Tools > Windows Controller > Properties, it shows that my DS4 is responding to pressing buttons, moving the analog sticks. However, DS4Windows isn't able to pick up the controller for some reason, it won't connect to DS4Windows. I've tried turning the tool and controller on and off and I tried to do the Bluetooth pairing again, nothing worked. When I used the DS4 to Xinput wrapper I had it working before but now the xbox 360 controller emulator won't start when my controller is connected, not sure if that's gonna be a problem for this tool as well? I really hope someone is able to help me out, thanks.

Attached Files
.txt   debug.txt (Size: 15,01 KB / Downloads: 269)
(08-21-2014, 10:13 AM)RedShadow Wrote: I don't know for the side panel. I actually like it, but I have to say we do not see this kinda design often, which might trouble some people. That might just be me, but vertical toolbars are actually better since most of our screens are wider than taller. So it's best to use that horizontal space by using the current left buttons instead of standard top-horizontal toolbars. Also, with high DPI it is less problematic since it will use more horizontal space but not much more in height. So we won't end up not seeing the bottom/upper part of the window with some resolutions.

For the macro flow, what I mean is you have to make a lot of clicks to get there and create one. You know, going to the macro panel, click add, do stuff, save, go back to profile, then to the macro tab, add button macro, select macro in dropdown -- which can also be quite large. Why not put a 'add macro' directly next to the dropdown for instance? Like you click on that and you get the macro editor right away. Saving it will automatically put the new macro, selected, in the dropdown. I mean, I just invented this right now lol but what I am trying to say is that currently, the UI is not much efficient IMHO. Now, the fact that the macros are seperated is good since we can reuse them, but jumping from one panel to another is bothersome.

I mean, it doesn't bother me much anyway since I do those stuff once; but I think this is the kinda stuff Orikson meant when he said 'slow design'.
That was exactly my thinking with the vertical real estate. Maybe people just think its big and cluttered, maybe I can have it collapse to just icons then expand to icons and labels on mouseover. Good ideas on the macros, ill definately try to streamline it in this iteration, the major limiting factors I had in 1.4 when designing that is there werent many WinForms controls that could handle the data like I needed them to, this issue is removed in WPF so no doubt I can slick it up some.

(08-21-2014, 05:46 AM)tunadragontacocow Wrote: I'm having an issue with the latest edition (1.4.40.11991). It's not showing me my controller settings or profile settings when I try changing them. I've attached a picture to show what I mean. I'm having an issue right now in Dark Souls where my camera spins constantly and the buttons are all mixed up and I have no idea why so I tried to make a new profile but I can't select it in the settings. Any help or insight would be appreciated.
(08-21-2014, 10:13 AM)RedShadow Wrote: Probably a profile corruption that happened on ver 1.38.
Try to delete the profiles.xml from your %appdata%\DS4Tool. But make a backup first, just in case.
This does in fact appear to be a corrupted profiles.xml and possibly also corrupted profiles folder.

(08-21-2014, 11:08 AM)Aurugorn Wrote: So after trying the DS4 to Xinput Wrapper tool with a lot of problems I decided to try this one out. Again, I'm stumbling on some problems and was hoping someone could help me out.

I paired my DS4 controller and when I go to Tools > Windows Controller > Properties, it shows that my DS4 is responding to pressing buttons, moving the analog sticks. However, DS4Windows isn't able to pick up the controller for some reason, it won't connect to DS4Windows. I've tried turning the tool and controller on and off and I tried to do the Bluetooth pairing again, nothing worked. When I used the DS4 to Xinput wrapper I had it working before but now the xbox 360 controller emulator won't start when my controller is connected, not sure if that's gonna be a problem for this tool as well? I really hope someone is able to help me out, thanks.

Looks like the virtual bus drivers are not properly installed, remove any previous VBD from ScarletCrush or other versions of DS3/DS4 software then reinstall our version from your DSDCS/DS4Tool/Virtual Bus Drivers folder, this should fix it.

Wow, great branch of the DS4 tool (this is the best clearly).

So, advertisements aside, awesome improvements and thanks for all the hard work your clearly putting into this.

I am wondering if there is a possibility of adding a Power Off option on a per controller basis? I think it would be handy to just right click a controller and be able to power it off and I think the wording Power helps make it clear a lot better than something like Disconnect Bluetooth.

Thanks again for all your work and I hope you consider my idea.

I will try and make a donation next payday but it is not due to the advertisements or any promise to remove them, it is due to your hard work and me refusing to let how much putting those ads there annoy me prevent me from sending you some well deserved kudos.